Sign in to follow this  
oktyabr

free range zombies and more wildlife

Not enough animals in the woods yet.

Going with the zombie mythos the walking dead like to hang out where they did in life so you end up with military zombies around bases, civ zombies in town, maybe farmer zombies, etc. But how about that guy that was out for his daily walk in the woods when he got infected? Or the deer hunter in his stand?

In a nutshell I think it would be sweet if we had a small percentage of zombies spawning automatically "in the wild", especially to lower the safety margin of hanging out away from towns.

Actually, i've seen quite a few zombies randomly in the woods, it's just like you said though, that random guy who took a stroll.

plus, there's not really any deer stands, so no deer hunters. Plus there's no deer.

PLUS, you have to go into towns anyway to get food and water, usually. And ammo.

Not to mention random shacks in the middle of no where... and random houses in the middle of no where...

I do agree we need a LITTLE more wildlife.. only a little. Just more variety if anything. Also should add "hunting" to it. Meaning you can't just run up to a deer and shoot it, you actually have to be sneaky.

Actually' date=' i've seen quite a few zombies randomly in the woods, it's just like you said though, that random guy who took a stroll.

plus, there's not really any deer stands, so no deer hunters. Plus there's no deer.

PLUS, you have to go into towns anyway to get food and water, usually. And ammo.

Not to mention random shacks in the middle of no where... and random houses in the middle of no where...

I do agree we need a LITTLE more wildlife.. only a little. Just more variety if anything. Also should add "hunting" to it. Meaning you can't just run up to a deer and shoot it, you actually have to be sneaky.

[/quote']

I agree, I makes me a little sad when I walk up to a little sheepy, pet him, take out my .45, and *BLAM* lamb chops.

Just don't make it into a hunting sim, as that would be annoying and not worth the effort.

Actually' date=' i've seen quite a few zombies randomly in the woods, it's just like you said though, that random guy who took a stroll.

[/quote']

I agree, I makes me a little sad when I walk up to a little sheepy, pet him, take out my .45, and *BLAM* lamb chops.

Just don't make it into a hunting sim, as that would be annoying and not worth the effort.

If animals ran away, that'd be alright. But right now animals have no AI, they just accept the fact that they are getting slaughtered? :P

Ive killed a wild boar in the woods once, and many a cow/chicken/sheep.

But I do agree that there should be more wildlife in the middle of nowhere. (Story? After farmers got infected, farms became broken and run-down. Animals have escaped and populated the countryside)

Of course animals move (and can be scripted to avoid you) in vanilla Arma 2. Why they tend to hold still most of the time in this mod (besides the rabbits) I don't know. Hunting sim? No. Grocery store sim? NO.

wildlife=yes, zombies=no. As how the mod is already set I believe its just fine.. I've seen quite a few zombies strolling around the out skirts of towns. Especially at extreme ranges.

i do agree there need to be a little more wild life but i have seen may a zombie in the wood and many deer hunter towers u just gotta look hard to see them

That's funny because I've literally RAN all the way across the map, through the woods (staying far away from the zombies around towns) and have never seen a zombie out there. Ever. Wild life too seems rare. A rabbit on the side of a road a couple of times but not the kind of wildlife you would expect in such a terrain.

i do agree there need to be a little more wild life but i have seen may a zombie in the wood and many deer hunter towers u just gotta look hard to see them

That's funny because I've literally RAN all the way across the map' date=' through the woods (staying far away from the zombies around towns) and have never seen a zombie out there. Ever. Wild life too seems rare. A rabbit on the side of a road a couple of times but not the kind of wildlife you would expect in such a terrain.

[/quote']

I've literally ran too. Several times. Maybe you're just not hitting the big hunting grounds?

(not everywhere is a good place to hunt, you know..)

I wholeheartedly agree we need MORE zombies outside of towns, just random stragglers to make endeavours into woods not quite so safe, but why stop there? why not introduce...the horde a random group of zombies that wander together across the map, just like what we see in walking dead thou perhaps not quite that big.

We do need a little more wildlife but as for zombies in the wild lets wait with that for a little longer. When the group system etc arrives there will be a need to make the game a little harder by having zombies in the forrests etc but as for now i think trying to scavenge towns and dealing with pvp on my own or the small groups i rarely join up with are enough.