crazykage

PWS not updating to ver. 1.7.6-finalizing. cant join any servers.

to elaborate, i click to join a server and it tells me "server is running a different version of the mod, do you want to continue?" so i click yes.

I get all the way to the character creation when it tells me "something went wrong, try again". a few seconds later, it tells me i need a new version (1.7.6-finalising), and that i am running 1.7.6.1. It tells me to come to THIS website to download it, but the downloads section only offers 1.7.6.1! and play with six is telling me that 1.7.6.1 IS the current up to date version.

to elaborate, i click to join a server and it tells me "server is running a different version of the mod, do you want to continue?" so i click yes.

I get all the way to the character creation when it tells me "something went wrong, try again". a few seconds later, it tells me i need a new version (1.7.6-finalising), and that i am running 1.7.6.1. It tells me to come to THIS website to download it, but the downloads section only offers 1.7.6.1! and play with six is telling me that 1.7.6.1 IS the current up to date version.

same here; exactly the same. and if i do connect i get kicked after maybe 10-20 mins. Edited by DaMadDrunkIrishman

Same here, guessing there is no solution yet?

ok folks. i found a solution: USE DAYZCOMMANDER.

it offers the ability to roll back to an older version (1.6.7.1 is the newest, and is buggy. many servers arent updating to it. many are sticking with 1.7.6, which PWS is now past, and does not offer the ability to roll back to a previous version).

my recomendation: KEEP PWS for the other games you can play on it (not just dayz), but UNINSTALL dayz from PWS. Download Dayzcommander, select the older version 1.7.6 to install, find your favorite server, and continue playing as the same person w/ the same gear you had when using PWS.

ok folks. i found a solution: USE DAYZCOMMANDER.

it offers the ability to roll back to an older version (1.6.7.1 is the newest, and is buggy. many servers arent updating to it. many are sticking with 1.7.6, which PWS is now past, and does not offer the ability to roll back to a previous version).

my recomendation: KEEP PWS for the other games you can play on it (not just dayz), but UNINSTALL dayz from PWS. Download Dayzcommander, select the older version 1.7.6 to install, find your favorite server, and continue playing as the same person w/ the same gear you had when using PWS.

I've tried that. That doesn't work for me. Doesn't matter what version I rollback or what server I match it to. Still won't work

I'm having the exact same problem.

Not matter what version I use, even a CLEAN install of ARMA II CO, then use Dayz commander or Play with six same problem.

Ever since Dayz showed up on STEAM I can't play!!!

Same here, even had a battle eye problem at one point but i fixed that. Tried rolling back via commander, updating via six and commander, using steam, blah. pic relevant

yup same here.i can play on some servers but i cannot play on my clans server. i have everything up to date but it gets the stupid error code i go to the daymod.com/downloads and i get 404 error. theres a few of my buddies that are having the same problem but they get stuck at the host screen. someone figure this out and help us all!

Ok so i found a fix guys! Heres the steps

-open dayz commander

-go to install/update tab

-scroll to dayz

-open drop down menu

-install 1.7.6

-restart your computer

there ya go. should wrk after that. if you have trouble or it does not work Skype me

or contact me via our website http://www.whiteknightscoalition.enjin.com/

Didn't work for me, I even updated Battleye, nothing.

Can't connect to a damn thing, servers which I was able to connect to I can't, fresh install of ARMA II, updates, downgrades nothing works.

Play with Six, Dayz Commander don't help, using the STEAM install version same stupid message.

"Something went wrong, Disconnect and try again" or telling me I have the wrong version to the server which CLEARLY I don't..

Edited by schoolofmonkey

i know that the fix i posted works for the wrong version error that says you need the finalizing version. idk about disconnect and try again error. it worked for my 2 other clan members as well as myself.

Is there any frickin answer to this problem? I've played via Play withSix up until this problem, have followed the instructions to download the latest patches, have tried the DayZCommander solution, have changed my version back to 1.7.6 instead of 1.7.6.1 and have tried playing a number of times and still get the same error.

Exactly same errors, Finalising blah blah wrong version and yes seemed to happen after Steam added the mod available there. Absolutely no help, solutions or even care it seems that all of us are without any way to play our game. WTF ?

• Like 2