Sign in to follow this  
breakingbad

Heli crash sites?

Stumbled across my fist Heli crash site today, unfortunately there wasn't any loot, or I was too stupid to find it :) The 8 military zombies didn't have anything on them either.

So I am wondering if the crah site will stay at that location on that server or do they get randomized after each server restart?

I watched a guy clear zombies around a Heli site (my first Heli find too). He threw a smoke bomb then dragged them back into woods and took them out. I heard shots before this and thought I was being hunted so I was hiding in the woods the whole time watching. I only had an enfield with no ammo.

It got quiet after about an hour so I felt it was safe to check out the site and found nothing either. I was hoping I might find a dead player's body in the woods but it was just dead zeds with a little ammo and empty cans.

The site was empty as well.

man that was an intense 2 hours of me being paranoid thinking I was being chased.

so far I can't get any luck with food or water on this player.

I circled the heli 3 or 4 times (thinking there must be something) with a distance of 2 or 3 meters and under, but I didn't see anything, or is it supposed to be further away.

@kwhy You might have stayed to close to the site to spawn new items, but I think they would have spawned new zombies then too, couldn't have done much without ammo probably

Food and water seems to very rare with the new patch I am waiting for the next fix (out of food)

The only time I've found helos was when they were bugged and had no loot, so my question is, does the loot spawn in the chopper or around it?

Yes there do spawn loot. It can spawn close to both sides of an heli and actually also under it. Which can be pretty hard to get.

The easy way the check for look is from a distance with binoculars so the grass doesn't get int he way.

All the loot will be on the ground, Ammo boxes can spawn and are a goldmine.

Either side of the tail fins, either side of the rear of the fuselage by the back of the rocket pods and directly under the rear of the fuselage where the tail connects are the loot piles I have seen.

errr just so u guys know... if i'm not entirely incorrect... the helicopter crash site DOES NOT respawn loot.. it's there and spawn loot ONCE and that's it... i know this because i found quite a few.. and took my loot and run like 800m away.. log off 1 - 2 hours later i log in and wait maybe like 20 mins to see if someone saw it (camp for looters) and i go take a look at the loot again.. which i've never found it to respawn or change the loots

I circled the heli 3 or 4 times (thinking there must be something) with a distance of 2 or 3 meters and under' date=' but I didn't see anything, or is it supposed to be further away.

@kwhy You might have stayed to close to the site to spawn new items, but I think they would have spawned new zombies then too, couldn't have done much without ammo probably

Food and water seems to very rare with the new patch I am waiting for the next fix (out of food)

[/quote']

Food and water isn't rare in .5 from my experience. Abundant I'd say.

If you can't find anything around the helicopter within a 2 meter radius, there is no loot for you this time.

Yeah, I lucked out today; my brother and I found two crashed choppers 3 minutes apart. Got l85 at one, m14 at the other. Not too shabby. One didn't have too many infected, the other one had 20+, though there was a deerstand and some houses nearby. Either way, best way to look for loot is by using binos at a distance, and ideally with some elevation to avoid missing anything in the grass.