Sign in to follow this  
DancingBear

Traders and Traitors

Instead of only displaying one number, be it positive or negative, you should show both the successful trades and the number of negative trades side by side. The principle being that its easy for 3-4 friends to pretend to have had positive trades to get into the positives, to lure in a potential seller and steal their items. However if you see for example WildSelv +4, -2 you'd see I have had 4 successful trades but 2 of them were not suggesting that the 4 successful trades were fake.

Instead of only displaying one number, be it positive or negative, you should show both the successful trades and the number of negative trades side by side. The principle being that its easy for 3-4 friends to pretend to have had positive trades to get into the positives, to lure in a potential seller and steal their items. However if you see for example WildSelv +4, -2 you'd see I have had 4 successful trades but 2 of them were not suggesting that the 4 successful trades were fake.

I appreciate concern, but did you read the intro? It already explains that :)

Allstar, +1 clean deal

your under 15 posts, but I'm glad you had a successful trade

thanks for letting me know it has been updated and I linked it to your profile aswell

One large flaw.

Say, someone kills a person in self defence. The Dead person rages, and gets his friends to put the killer on here as a bad trade. There should be some form of evidence required to make a negative report.

• Like 2

Well then that's when the person who acted in self defense comes in this trading section, and argues for his point

I will ask everyone what happened seperately via PM, steam,ETC.

It all really comes down to who has reputation on the trade list/forums on who I will believe (although this is not all always true)

So if a well known trader/dayz player on the forums is accused by xXMLGXxXQuickscopesXx and his 1 poster buddies...I will choose the well known dayz player unless there is somesort of video/screenshots

(If there is a xXMLGXxXQuickscopesXx out there, please do not get offended. This was just a example)

I hope this answered or atleast partially answered your question, feel free to PM me if you have any more or if you want me explain this one more in depth

Thanks! Like the mod this is also in a somewhat alpha state, and is up for suggestions to help it for the standalone.

Same goes for Stevenkane24 +1 for the Silence weapons he gave me :)

Edited by Paddy0610

proof?

Since it happend to me before too, the question is how should he proof it?

Normaly there is no message who killed who, he could make a screenshot of the playerslist.

But this only proofs that the traitor was on the server, and this only if his nick is the same as in the forum.

Long story short, how can "we" give any proof of something like that?

i guess the only proof is that neither Nicklamer nor Benny (in my case) said anything diffrent to defend thereselfs.

greetz

Swordy

Well I guess proof was a horrible word of choice, I was looking actually to see if he had any PM messages saved, and I will probably pm the killer and if he doesn't respond he will be marked.

Edited by Man vs Wild