r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

Okay, just to get a few things straight: there is no "ongoing agenda to nerf zeds". Aggro ranges were dropped because the new loitering mechanic in essence makes them spawn everywhere.

You spawn freshly on the shore in the middle of nowhere and see a zed 50m ahead of you. Plenty a time I have fired up dayz for the hundredth time to see if model X is now properly sized, go take a leak while it loads the map and whatnot, come back to find myself dead on the shore, miles from the next town.

Zombies weren't made super-slow, they were given a tiny decrease in speed because we had trails of 20+ zombies following us from chernarus up to NWAF during testing, simply because bushes and stuff no longer break LOS, they still catch up with you pretty easily.

Their pathing was fixed so they walk around obstacles like bushes, so that they no longer lose LOS there. In fact, they follow your wildest paths in town.

Their pathing was fixed so they dont zig-zag around so much, which means they have less steering loss in delta v (KSP talking out of me here lol), which means they get to you faster.

Tell me which of these changes make them less of a threat?

You guys messed up their hearing by decrasing the sound of weapons in half, im firing a lee enfield wich was a pretty loud weapon at 20 meters of zombies and they dont react so firing weapons in cities without fear of consequence its what we get now.

I haven't experienced the zombie speed yet, but I hope they aren't too slow... I liked that they were faster than players and that it required some zig-zagging through brush to lose them... not simply out run them.

Okay, just to get a few things straight: there is no "ongoing agenda to nerf zeds". Aggro ranges were dropped because the new loitering mechanic in essence makes them spawn everywhere.

You spawn freshly on the shore in the middle of nowhere and see a zed 50m ahead of you. Plenty a time I have fired up dayz for the hundredth time to see if model X is now properly sized, go take a leak while it loads the map and whatnot, come back to find myself dead on the shore, miles from the next town.

Zombies weren't made super-slow, they were given a tiny decrease in speed because we had trails of 20+ zombies following us from chernarus up to NWAF during testing, simply because bushes and stuff no longer break LOS, they still catch up with you pretty easily.

Their pathing was fixed so they walk around obstacles like bushes, so that they no longer lose LOS there. In fact, they follow your wildest paths in town.

Their pathing was fixed so they dont zig-zag around so much, which means they have less steering loss in delta v (KSP talking out of me here lol), which means they get to you faster.

Tell me which of these changes make them less of a threat?

I love that they now spawn in the wild. I did not realize that bushes no longer lost line of sight... you mean the small bushes, right? If I run around a big bush that's as tall as me, they lose line of sight. I'm excited to check out this new pathing. I mean, I enjoyed killing 30 zombies with my hatchet after the guy I'd teamed up with fired his PDW in the office building in Elektro... and when we were trapped in the factory outside Polana by a zombie horde coming up both sets of stairs after he decided to fire his gun... again. It was the most intense experience I've had playing DayZ. When the zombies are killing me more than other players - that's a good thing, in my book. I wish I had a screenshot of the zombie carnage after I fully repaired a Little Bird in the hangar at the NWAF by myself one night. I loves me a good zombie challenge, so I was a fan of 1.7.5.1. I look forward to the changes. :)

Edited by entspeak

Thanks for the update and useful fixes.

IMO new foods/sodas are a horrible idea though.

First :

Sorry for my bad english :P

Second:

We got a Huge Problem on our server DE839

We patched our server to the latest patches!

First login> i Spawned in our camp! > Relogg >

Second Login > I spawned in water by electro and was swimming in the sky.. ( GRML )..

Third Login > I was swimming in the Ground of cherno ( WTF ? )

Last Login > Spawn at the beach in kamarovo! I ran for 15 min. Then relogged and Spawned in Cherno again...

I did Not die! I got my full equip.

What i Did :

I changed the BE scripts for the eat/drink bug #20 << Fixed!

I restartet the server several Times!

Playing with this does not make any sense, because u run for 20min. when u logged out and in again, U can swim like a fish -.-

Any fix for that? need help pls!

ah and BTW:

The Ammo refills after reconnect oO

So long!

I love that they now spawn in the wild. I did not realize that bushes no longer lost line of sight... you mean the small bushes, right? If I run around a big bush that's as tall as me, they lose line of sight. I'm excited to check out this new pathing. I mean, I enjoyed killing 30 zombies with my hatchet after the guy I'd teamed up with fired his PDW in the office building in Elektro... and when we were trapped in the factory outside Polana by a zombie horde coming up both sets of stairs after he decided to fire his gun... again. It was the most intense experience I've had playing DayZ. When the zombies are killing me more than other players - that's a good thing, in my book. I wish I had a screenshot of the zombie carnage after I fully repaired a Little Bird in the hangar at the NWAF by myself one night. I loves me a good zombie challenge, so I was a fan of 1.7.5.1. I look forward to the changes. :)

Sorry to dissapoint you but if you liked 1.7.5.1 youy wont like this new one, zombies are nerfed, they are mostly deaf now.

No That can´t be, every server got this!

our server hoster is gamed.de they updated the server!

DayZ - DE 839 (v1.7.6/Beta 102285)

But the Ammo thing is not the worst part, it´s the respawn bug , when u relogg u spawn up in the air and can´t do Nothin.. Thats so annyoing :(

We have also found this bug on our server. It only affects the hero skin. If you lobby idle and come back in the game you get teleported to the above the water about 1k south of Kamenka. When you back all the way out and start up the game again it spawns you somewhere along the coast. Tested the hero, survivor, ghillie, and camo skins. It's only the hero skin. Is there a bug reporting thread yet for 1.7.6?

We have also found this bug on our server. It only affects the hero skin. If you lobby idle and come back in the game you get teleported to the above the water about 1k south of Kamenka. When you back all the way out and start up the game again it spawns you somewhere along the coast. Tested the hero, survivor, ghillie, and camo skins. It's only the hero skin. Is there a bug reporting thread yet for 1.7.6?

Starting one now and also looking into this bug.

Ahh thanks , For the info. ye i cant test other skins ^^ i only got this heroskin.. maybe they fix it ASAP , because i dont like to run 20min , then relogg and run again xD

Thank you.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-1761-bug-list/

Ahh thanks , For the info. ye i cant test other skins ^^ i only got this heroskin.. maybe they fix it ASAP , because i dont like to run 20min , then relogg and run again xD

We need some more info we are testing this now with the official DayZ private have builds and get no issue we spawn as we should in the same place we last dissconected

You guys messed up their hearing by decrasing the sound of weapons in half, im firing a lee enfield wich was a pretty loud weapon at 20 meters of zombies and they dont react so firing weapons in cities without fear of consequence its what we get now.

This happened before 1.7.5.1 and in 1.7.5.1 as well. The problem is Zombies get stuck in a certain place after so many shots.

You can try it out by having two other players in a triangle around the zombies.

First guy shoots, zombies go towards him.

Second guy shoots, zombies go towards him.

You shoot, zombies may go to you or they may not.

Keep cycling like this and you will eventually find that all zombies get stuck and ignores any subsequent shots fired.

Another thing you can do is use direct chat VON to draw zombies to you. This will work ONCE per zombie, you can't maneuver them around any more with VON after that.

Then you have player corpses, once a zombie is standing next to a player corpse they will not leave that corpse for any reason.

Finally, given enough time. Zombies will start to ignore you completely. At this point you can stand in front of them and take a piss and they will do nothing at all until you come within attacking range of them.

It all boils down to how long that zombie has been around and how many times it has changed targets.

In some cases a zombie will never release it's target no matter how hard you try to shake it (walking in bushes, around corners, trying to draw aggro away from you using another player) and the only way to get rid of it is to force it to commit suicide, kill it or make it despawn (leave the area in a vehicle etc).

Edited by X0TCadde
  • Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/f...-1761-bug-list/

We need some more info we are testing this now with the official DayZ private have builds and get no issue we spawn as we should in the same place we last dissconected

Reconnecting 3rd time now.. Spawned the same location. BUT:

When i spawn, I spawn FIRST person ( thats normal ye ) then i press 3rd Person and it instantly get in the first person again, then my backpack is poppin up for 2sec and i cann se Water ^^ and then i can go to 3rd person again.. oO and start walking....

srsly, i test it now, i´m gonna run 10mins .. then relog maybe i´m back at coast! xD

BrB ^^

ahh and BTW:

It say´s " Can´t Count magazines " ... on every login.. what that means? oO

Edited by nookieSTAR

Nope still not fixed ... we have several users with that " bug " ..

now i ran 10min out of electro and relogg.

What happend is this!..

And everytime -.-

http://postimage.org/image/u7ynv53v7/ << .. now what? xDD

I think this has something to do with the Anti-Teleport Counter hack they put into the game.

Ye it happend after the update ^^ yesterday i play 14h without any problems ^^ now server is up2date many players got this bug.. maybe its the server?

Maybe a Dev should log in our server and try this there with the heroskin..

i don´t know -.-

BTW: u must run for like 5min. or 10 to get this bug...

Edited by nookieSTAR

Ye it happend after the update ^^ yesterday i play 14h without any problems ^^ now server is up2date many players got this bug.. maybe its the server?

i don´t know -.-

We have on our files it comes back as fine ?

What server files are you using

It say´s " Can´t Count magazines " ... on every login.. what that means? oO

We no longer track mags for weapons as just mags we now try keeping the counts of each round this should allow us to later add a combine mag option.

i don´t know -.-

BTW: u must run for like 5min. or 10 to get this bug...

It's being looked into ;) Problem with anti-hack approaches, they are never simple and "just work", or they wouldn't be "security holes" in the first place, so fine tuning is of course required.

First, narrow down and fix the obvious bug (people being thrown around randomly), then look for similar things happening in more rare cases and try and get around those.

Work in progress, as it were. Funny how these things never turn up during testing tho -.-

We have on our files it comes back as fine ?

What server files are you using

As i said , our server is hosted by gamed.de and we dont have access to the server files.. only to the BE folder.. there is a script.cfg where i edited the line to fix the #20 error..

so i did nothin to the server...but it can´t be the server..

many servers i connectet got the #45 #20 and the spawn bug!

Our server got only the spawn bug..

Should i contact the server hoster and ask them to reinstall all updates ?

What can i do? ^^

I´m out of any ideas

ArmA 2 & DayZ fresh installed.. problem still there -.-

EDIT:::: wow after reconnect i spawned in Otmel : http://postimage.org/image/9h5cclhc1/ ...

grrrrr

Edited by nookieSTAR

As i said , our server is hosted by gamed.de and we dont have access to the server files.. only to the BE folder.. there is a script.cfg where i edited the line to fix the #20 error..

so i did nothin to the server...but it can´t be the server..

many servers i connectet got the #45 #20 and the spawn bug!

Our server got only the spawn bug..

Should i contact the server hoster and ask them to reinstall all updates ?

What can i do? ^^

I´m out of any ideas

EDIT:::: wow after reconnect i spawned in Otmel : http://postimage.org/image/9h5cclhc1/ ...

grrrrr

Yea, talk to your provider, chances are they goofed up the update. Can't hurt for them to setup things anew, especially if you dont have file access. Make sure they don't run a deprecated private hive build or something like that. That's what you pay them for, right?

Edited by Elvaron

It´s a official whitelisted Server..

Sponsored by gamed.de

ok i open a ticket now.. but maybe a Dev could give me a good fix ^^ maybe kill my Hero so i can get a new skin xD