Shea

Stop updating servers until 1.7.1 is fixed

Hey Rocket or whoever is in charge, could u guys please stop updating the old 1.7 servers to 1.7.1 until you have fixed the bugs with 1.71 first? Yesterday I saw hundreds of people an hour (literally) coming back to this one particular 1.7 server I call home, trying to escape the bugs on 1.7.1. Today I Woke up and now that server was assimilated....*sadface* I don't want the new stuff until its patched. Seems like many others are in agreement.

So, as the community, I think we ought to be able to have some say in this! How about you? What do you think?

EDIT: Please post with constructive comments, any complaining about wanting the thread deleted b/c you're tired of X,Y,Z is not considered constructive. In fact its wasting other's time trying to get to relevant discussion.

Thx

rocket doesn't control that. the server admins do. go cry to your server admin

wth' date=' it is fixed.

[/quote']

The zeds respawning mere seconds after killing them? I'm on Vent talking to ppl who can't even clear a heli crash right now cuz the zeds respawn so fast. This of course is only one issue.

rocket doesn't control that. the server admins do. go cry to your server admin

Actually no, the server admin doesn't have control over that (with this particualr server at least). I talk to the guy often and he hasn't been on in days, this update happened regardless of him being online.

Hey Rocket or whoever is in charge' date=' could u guys please stop updating the old 1.7 servers to 1.7.1 until you have fixed the bugs with 1.71 first? Yesterday I saw hundreds of people an hour (literally) coming back to this one particular 1.7 server I call home, trying to escape the bugs on 1.7.1. Today I Woke up and now that server was assimilated....*sadface* I don't want the new stuff until its patched. Seems like many others are in agreement.

So, as the community, I think we ought to be able to have some say in this! How about you? What do you think?

[/quote']

my thoughts... man up and do your part to test this mod. as it is in alpha, the primary drive for rocket isn't to provide you with a complete and carefree experience. You and everyone else is a lab rat. Play the mod, welcome the idea of being part of the data collection process.

my thoughts... man up and do your part to test this mod. as it is in alpha, the primary drive for rocket isn't to provide you with a complete and carefree experience. You and everyone else is a lab rat. Play the mod, welcome the idea of being part of the data collection process.

There can't be any data collection if getting on any of the servers is a nightmare in itself...

The process has to be centrally managed, including all the non-DayZ addons that seem to be required (I'm thinking here especially of the Arma II betas, for which there seems to be a free for all at the moment).

1.7.1.2 should be coming out tonight! but for me its already 22.14...

we are all waiting because we are running out of food...

my thoughts... man up and do your part to test this mod. as it is in alpha' date=' the primary drive for rocket isn't to provide you with a complete and carefree experience. You and everyone else is a lab rat. Play the mod, welcome the idea of being part of the data collection process.

[/quote']

You think I don't know this is an alpha? What I'm suggesting has no impediment on resolving the issues with the new 1.7.1, the bugs are well known, the problem lies in that THERE AINT JACK SHIT TO BE DONE ABT IT if you're playing on those servers. So as a resolution, in the mean time, stop updating the more stable 1.7 servers. They're running better than the current 1.71, but only until Team Rocket comes out with a hotfix. Which we're still waiting on.

Most of the "loading screens of death" scenarios is caused by you not having the correct Beta version of ARMA 2. I had that instance, checked my beta version and realized I was two versions too old. Fixed everything for me. As for zombie spawns, I've yet to have one pop right on me after the hotfix, sure they're still pretty numerous, but it adds to the challenge and I enjoy it. All it takes now to get rid of a zombie is to meander through a few houses or around a shed/fence and they're off your trail. Hell I can run doing it and be perfectly safe two minutes later.

please close this thread... some people still dont understand what Alpha means... maybe rocket should have done a close Alpha release instead of an open release... so many kids complaining about everything...

please close this thread... some people still dont understand what Alpha means... maybe rocket should have done a close Alpha release instead of an open release... so many kids complaining about everything...

Please delete your post

or actually read the thread. You're wasting more space than this thread by not contributing constructively.

I agree with Clodan, threads like this should be locked or deleted as soon as they pop up. It's getting really annoying with all the complaints from kids playing DayZ and not really understanding what an Alpha actually is.

I agree with Clodan' date=' threads like this should be locked or deleted as soon as they pop up. It's getting really annoying with all the complaints from kids playing DayZ and not really understanding what an Alpha actually is.

[/quote']

tl;dr is no excuse,

read the thread. Post constructively.

Can't say I've played an alpha or a beta where a patch was rolled back due to a bug.

Pretty sure Rocket isn't looking to break the mold on this one.

Can't say I've played an alpha or a beta where a patch was rolled back due to a bug.

Pretty sure Rocket isn't looking to break the mold on this one.

There is no rolling back, just pausing the roll-foreward until the obvious problems are patched.

It's an alpha, you are a tester, the whole point of that is to play the current build and report on the issues. If it is borked wait till it is fixed. And the updates are done by the admins of the servers, the dayz dev team does not update the servers. This thread is not constructive because you don't know what an alpha is. Thread locked or deleted kthx.

Sooo you'd rather play on the stable build that has been debugged and tested extensively then do your part as a tester and play on the latest build that needs people to identify problems and make change suggestions?

My dear I believe you are missing the point of the entire process. If it were up to me, I'd bar any servers from the central database until they had updated to the latest build of the mod.

It's an alpha' date=' you are a tester, the whole point of that is to play the current build and report on the issues. If it is borked wait till it is fixed. And the updates are done by the admins of the servers, the dayz dev team does not update the servers. This thread is not constructive because you don't know what an alpha is. Thread locked or deleted kthx.

[/quote']

You're missing the point, the problems that alpha testing reveals are seemingly already known, hence people flooding back to 1.7 servers. There's no impediment of the alpha process if the determining factor is the wait for the patch of these known bugs to be implimented.