daish

rename the mod CrawlZ

rename the mod?

me and a group of 3 players seen so many zombies around a factory building so we decided to clear the zombies around the outside we ended up killing 20-30 but they kept spawning so we decided stop even attempting to clear and to start crawling to the factory from a insane distance and Zombies kept spawning all around us

Zombies are not 100% of the threat in this game they are not the only threat there is no reason for them to be buffed its just frustrating now no enjoyment at all

its impossible to move though towns and areas at a decent speed now

shooting a rifle inside a town will make all the zombies in the area swam to you

its so much easier for zombies to see you so your going to have to move slower what's the point ?

its a multiplayer game for a reason other players are half the game now the chance of meeting other players with this many zombies around and it being this slow to move around makes it even rarer to bump into other players

Zombies spawning inside buildings is such a bad idea you cant even turn around in doorways to run away if you walk into a building and aggro 1

so lets rename the game to CrawlZ its all you can do to get around anywhere close to a zombie

Zombies should be a threat but only be there to stop you running around like a idiot though the middle of towns having to think if you should be shooting in this area not such a threat it kills the enjoyment of a MULTIPLAYER game

Feedback will only improve this mod, so it's important it is done with respect.

This actually enhances the multiplayer experience. You meet a guy in the city where you CANT move fast. You cant shoot him, cause you will die. Same stands for him. Who will take the risk? Will both be sensible?

Also learn to avoid zombies. If they cant see you, you are safe. You can even crouch run past zombies that are 6meters away from you but look the other way.

My only problem with the zombies is that they seem to be coded to wander towards nearby players, even if they're not detected. So I'll be crawling along the side of a road, and then in only a couple minutes, I'm stuck because all of the zombies walked to me from across the street and idled in every direction around me.

I ended up going backwards from where I started because zombies would just gather around me whenever I try to enter a city.

This actually enhances the multiplayer experience. You meet a guy in the city where you CANT move fast. You cant shoot him' date=' cause you will die. Same stands for him. Who will take the risk? Will both be sensible?

Also learn to avoid zombies. If they cant see you, you are safe. You can even crouch run past zombies that are 6meters away from you but look the other way.

[/quote']

lol no you cant. Try it. they ll hear you.

My only problem with the zombies is that they seem to be coded to wander towards nearby players' date=' even if they're not detected. So I'll be crawling along a road, and then in only a couple minutes, I'm stuck because all of the zombies walked to me from across the street and idled in every direction around me.

I ended up going [i']backwards from where I started because zombies would just gather around me whenever I try to enter a city.

That is false. I lie down and zeds will not take notice of me. Even if someone moves my way, he will just pass me and continue moving.

That is false. I lie down and zeds will not take notice of me. Even if someone moves my way' date=' he will just pass me and continue moving.

[/quote']

It's not that they notice prone players, it's just that they tend to gravitate towards them. So if I'm lying still, zombies will walk over to me, and slowly pass me by. It's not a threat, it's just hugely annoying because I have to stop way too often because one close zombie turns into three or four walking next to me.

This happens way too often for it to be coincidence.

This actually enhances the multiplayer experience. You meet a guy in the city where you CANT move fast. You cant shoot him' date=' cause you will die. Same stands for him. Who will take the risk? Will both be sensible?

[/quote']

he will then alt-f4

That is false. I lie down and zeds will not take notice of me. Even if someone moves my way' date=' he will just pass me and continue moving.

[/quote']

It's not that they notice prone players, it's just that they tend to gravitate towards them. So if I'm lying still, zombies will walk over to me, and slowly pass me by. It's not a threat, it's just hugely annoying because I have to stop way too often because one close zombie turns into three or four walking next to me.

This happens way too often for it to be coincidence.

They must be trying to sniff you out, neat.

It's not a coincidence, it's been like that since I started playing the mod. They do gravitate towards you, detected or not and it's not something new with the latest update. The only difference now is that you can't fast crawl past themso it's more noticeable and more of a pain in the arse.

Anyway, I agree with everything you've said regarding the zombies and would rather have the build of the game that was out when I first started playing. 1.5 I believe. I feel that the mod has gone backwards with every update and the zombie madness along with the new spawn system is only the latest of what's become a string of poor decisions by the team.

That's just my personal opinion.

Firstly, it's in alpha. Obviously the AI stuff is going to be far from finished.

If you have a problem with the game just send some constructive feedback such as "oh I've noticed zombies are a bit too challenging and seem to wander towards me even if I am being stealthy and have no sound/visual output".

Don't write feedback such as "zombies too hard, dis game sucks, wah wah wah"

It doesn't help anyone, if you really have a problem with the game and want it fixed then make your feedback mature and constructive or it won't be listened to.

Also finally your comment "shooting a rifle inside a town will make all the zombies in the area swam to you" made me laugh. Obviously this will happen, have you ever fired a rifle? They are incredibly loud and can be heard from a long way away. Add that to the fact that zombies have better hearing than humans (I think?) and are hungry for flesh, then of course they will run towards a loud unnatural source of sound, because they will probably think that it is FOOOOOD.

Side note (not directly relevant to the game but to zombie apocalypse's in general):

I laughed at the idea of you thinking it is acceptable in a zombie apocalypse to fire you rifle in a town. Non silent weapons should be a last resort (can't wait for melee weapons to be implemented) surely you have seen enough zombie movies to know that.

Firstly' date=' it's in alpha. Obviously the AI stuff is going to be far from finished.

If you have a problem with the game just send some constructive feedback such as "oh I've noticed zombies are a bit too challenging and seem to wander towards me even if I am being stealthy and have no sound/visual output".

Don't write feedback such as "zombies too hard, dis game sucks, wah wah wah"

It doesn't help anyone, if you really have a problem with the game and want it fixed then make your feedback mature and constructive or it won't be listened to.

Also finally your comment "shooting a rifle inside a town will make all the zombies in the area swam to you" made me laugh. Obviously this will happen, have you ever fired a rifle? They are incredibly loud and can be heard from a long way away. Add that to the fact that zombies have better hearing than humans (I think?) and are hungry for flesh, then of course they will run towards a loud unnatural source of sound, because they will probably think that it is FOOOOOD.

Side note (not directly relevant to the game but to zombie apocalypse's in general):

I laughed at the idea of you thinking it is acceptable in a zombie apocalypse to fire you rifle in a town. Non silent weapons should be a last resort (can't wait for melee weapons to be implemented) surely you have seen enough zombie movies to know that.

[/quote']

this is feed back about the game getting worse instead of improveing for the moment

i was outside a factory building away from a town we were close enough to constantly aggro up to 20 zombies but not close enough to stop them spawning right in frount of us

read threads before you post?

Use flares. Makes it pretty easy to move around at speed. PLus you can lose zombies anyways.

I am able to go from one of Berezino and back again with little trouble fairly quickly. You are just doing it wrong.

Zombies give up if you get out of their line of sight. It's easier than before, I can run in towns pull zombies, kill survivors crawling around (or luring the zombies to them) and then run around and through buildings and lose them.

It's easier unless stealth is absolutely required (i.e. you're stalking someone). Stealth isn't required in Cherno, Elektro or many of the towns, because crawling about in cities is a fast way to get picked off by a bandit.

Then report it in the bugs/suggestion area, not the general discussion.

Then report it in the bugs/suggestion area' date=' not the general discussion.

[/quote']

its not a bug its the current direction the mod is heading

it needs to be turned around Zombies should not be buffed at all

What would you like (A) Zombies like in "Shaun of the dead" or

(B) Zombies like in "28 days/28 weeks later"......

Zombie Apocalypse yes it is, the world has gone to shit..

It's not a coincidence' date=' it's been like that since I started playing the mod. They do gravitate towards you, detected or not and it's not something new with the latest update. The only difference now is that you can't fast crawl past themso it's more noticeable and more of a pain in the arse.

[/quote']

This isn't true. Perhaps confirmation bias has misled you. The zombies seldom alter their headings, and when to do, it appears to be completely arbitrary. I have always stealthed my way through towns, and zombies have never been an issue because their pathing is so predictable that you can easily carve your way through them using a mixture of the crouch and prone stances.

I dont mind the zombies being a bit more buffed, only issue I have at this moment is that when I am prone... they are about...hmm... I can best describe it as 5 car lengths away and they come rushing at me as if I was in a full blown sprint. I cant even enter shacks or buildings because I need to go into crouch position... if I do that sends them running my way....

If I crouch and slowly walk inside a building the zombies from outside will aggro...

I think I might record and put it on youtube, after the game stops acting up... Recently frame rate has been really bad... worse than usual... like 20 fps on a 6990 GPU.

I dont mind the zombies being a bit more buffed' date=' only issue I have at this moment is that when I am prone... they are about...hmm... I can best describe it as 5 car lengths away and they come rushing at me as if I was in a full blown sprint. I cant even enter shacks or buildings because I need to go into crouch position... if I do that sends them running my way....

If I crouch and slowly walk inside a building the zombies from outside will aggro...

I think I might record and put it on youtube, after the game stops acting up... Recently frame rate has been really bad... worse than usual... like 20 fps on a 6990 GPU.

[/quote']

wait untill you have to start with no gun and see how enjoyable the new zombies are

zombies are aggroing from 2 far away and 2 easy -.- crawling is not fun

everyone i play with is quiting because you make 5 bars of sound/sight walking around now