Sign in to follow this  
Boogymon

New Player + Razer Orbweaver bindings!?

Hello survivors and bandits alike I just recently bought ARMA 2 OA and downloaded DayZ from Steam and have a few questions.

Firstly I have to admit that my M11x currently may be having some performance issues with the game, slight lagg that sort of thing, but that is just from playing the demo of ARAM 2, so I am a bit worried a may have a rough time, but I guess I can't do much about that. What I really noticed while playing the tutorial was the many key bindings that are ingame, I am very new to playing PC Games as I mostly play XBOX 360 and am not used to keyboard. I did purchase an Orbweaver from razer along with the new Deathadder 2013 and actually began playing battlfield 3 on my xbox with it, so I have some experience with it. But I'd like to know if there are any current players out there that could help with my key binding situation, I am not sure if I have enough keys atm to do everything, but there are a lot of keys, and I could use some help from experienced players to bind them for easy access. Also I did notice that the 8 way direction analog d-pad seemed to be a bit harsh on the game, you really couldn't walk diagonally which made movement pretty hard, so I may have to sacrifice 4 keys for WASD.

Anyways any help would be appreciated, thank you! =]

Buy a PC for £300 and get very playable friends. The M11x is similar to my laptop - you'll get 15-22fps (pretty damn horrible)

Edited by LaurenceW

Umm I am having trouble joining servers, do I launch DayZ by loading Operation OA? I see all the DayZ servers but I am getting errors, and when I try to create my own game I don't see any of the maps for DayZ.

I have the razer nostro,similar thing I believe.

Don't try to use the use stick for movement,do you have dayz commander installed ?

Well once I downloaded it, it told me i needed Combined Operation, which cost $24 more dollars. I already had Operation Arrowhead, and was told this was all i needed to play day z, why i'm being charged for just ARMA 2 I have no clue.

Combined Operations is both regular ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. If you have just Operation Arrowhead you need to buy ArmA 2, although I have seen something online where someone had the free version of ArmA 2 that you can get legally and bought Operation Arrow head and it worked fine. Not sure how truthful it is but that may be something to look into for you.

Yewah well right now I spent $42 on a game that probably wont run on my laptop, which amazes me since this baby pulled off civ 5, falllout new vegas, and doom 3 no problem.

Yeah you need arma 2 base game for sure,I'm pretty certain amazon.com have some kinda feb sale on,you may get it cheap there.

There you go. $7.50

http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-40365ARMA-2-ArmA-Download/dp/B003UV8OOA/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1361645700&sr=1-2&keywords=arma+2

2nd edit just found out this

"CAGROCKS" on your checkout page and save an additional 25% on your order.

Edited by Vivid dark side