Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

Finn' date=' as stated earlier, DayZ [b']ONLY supports Windows based servers at this stage.

Sorry for inconvience.

Regards,

Matt

Yes, I know :) that's why I knew it is a problem. I'm just giving +1 to the stack of people who could host, if there was a linux version available.

About dedicated server setup.

1. Do I have to purchase another Arma 2 game and install it to the server? I already own the game and play this mod in my vista setup.

2. Is there a freeware dedicated server available which is installed to the windows server?

Asdf,

The install of ArmA 2 on your server does not need to be unique, thus can be your own personal copy.

Easiest way to get it on there would be upload your actual game you have. There is no freeware dedicated server available. An ArmA 2 server requires the full game on the server box.

Regards,

Matt

About dedicated server setup.

1. Do I have to purchase another Arma 2 game and install it to the server? I already own the game and play this mod in my vista setup.

2. Is there a freeware dedicated server available which is installed to the windows server?

Asdf' date='

The install of ArmA 2 on your server does not need to be unique, thus can be your own personal copy.

Easiest way to get it on there would be upload your actual game you have. There is no freeware dedicated server available. An ArmA 2 server requires the full game on the server box.

Regards,

Matt

[/quote']

I got arma 2 and arma2 OA from steam. So I´d just copy the game folders to the server right? Sorry about these questions, but I got no earlier experience running arma servers, only UT dedicated servers.

I got arma 2 and arma2 OA from steam. So I´d just copy the game folders to the server right? Sorry about these questions' date=' but I got no earlier experience running arma servers, only UT dedicated servers.

[/quote']

Asdf,

Yes that will work. Not a problem there.

If you want to discuss this further, please email me directly; dayzmatt@gmail.com - and I can help you get setup.

Matt

Greetings! I have a couple of questions regarding running a server:

1) What OS do you recommend? You have said a Windows OS, but must it be Windows 2008 Server? Or will Windows 7 Home Premium suffice?

2) What type of per player bandwidth is required? I have Frontier FIOS 35 Mbps up / 35 Mbps down. I would not want to chew up 100% of my bandwidth. Could I get away with throttling the server to something like 10 Mbps / 10 Mbps ?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings! I have a couple of questions regarding running a server:

1) What OS do you recommend? You have said a Windows OS' date=' but must it be Windows 2008 Server? Or will Windows 7 Home Premium suffice?

2) What type of per player bandwidth is required? I have Frontier FIOS 35 Mbps up / 35 Mbps down. I would not want to chew up 100% of my bandwidth. Could I get away with throttling the server to something like 10 Mbps / 10 Mbps ?

Thanks in advance!

[/quote']

Hosting a server locally isn't an option to the best of my knowledge. I personally think it's a bad idea to allow local hosting.

Can you put up a Day Z server using a single game rental of ARMA II: Combined Ops from a GSP, or is a dedicated server a must?

I have a server that I believe was being configured by you yesterday, Antipop (one being hosted by Rage Cage Gaming). It's not loading DayZ correctly when the server launches.

I've sent you an e-mail with further information on the problem, but I figure I'll post here just to make sure.

Thank you in advance for looking into it,

Lazer

P.S. Sorry if it wasn't you, not sure if there is more than one Matt helping out. :)

@Vladivar, no due to the Hive apps,

@HowIChrgeLazer, what's the error? Couldn't find any server, by the info you provided, in any of the documents sadly as some people skip storing info of setups :(.

Hive issues. The server launches but I get console spam on it trying to load DayZ. Server remains in a constant waiting for host state. People can connect, but it goes nowhere.

Hive connects to the db, but hangs on waiting for client connection. I've tried restarting the apps and rebooting the server, no dice.

If you mailed dayzdevteam@gmail.com, can you PM me the email that you used? Maybe I can actually find your request then. :/ If not, feel free to PM if you want it fixed now, as I can't find your RPD info anywhere.

PM Sent with e-mail address. Thank you for checking into it, I really appreciate it. The RDP information should be in the third e-mail in the conversation thread.

Also if you can get the instance file uploaded by tonight that would be awesome, we have a large group looking to play

Which hosting providers are people using? I'm finding it difficult to efficiently search for servers which support these requirements.

Which hosting providers are people using? I'm finding it difficult to efficiently search for servers which support these requirements.

I'm using NFO servers, haven't tried playing on it yet since the server isn't up but the interface/customer service is great

Which plan are you using?

Four core

Depending on the performance when I test it, I might upgrade to Six Core

Too bad Linux isn't supported. Otherwise I could've hosted on my server.

I was looking to host some Dayz Mod servers, I sent two emails asking for permission, but have not received a reply back. I sent a new email to dayzmatt from his suggestions.

A creative and fun mod! I can see how it revitalized ArmA2 sales on Steam.

I've emailed dayzdevteam@gmail.com, since I've just purchased a server through NFOservers.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to privately run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO EXCESS KEYS OR MODS

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Regards' date='

Matt

[/quote']

What is the reasoning behind this? These servers are not cheap to set up or maintain, so why can't people password protect them?