Sign in to follow this  
wastelandsamurai

DayZ Private Roleplay Server. Gauging Interest.

sypmz9.jpg

For this DayZ roleplay server we will be running the DayZ+ mod or rMod, allowing for basebuilding and further endgame content.

All players who are playing on the server, will be required to be a active member of the forums.

There will be 3 factions, blu for, red for, lone wolfs.

We will start with 2 50 slot servers one in the US one in EU, 20 slots for each faction and 10 lone wolf slots.

There will be a few cardinal rules of the server.

1. No Hacking (pretty obvious)

2. No killing your faction members, besides lone wolf. ( accidental FF is not included.)

3. Never release the server password with out admin permission.

4. Stay In character, and Have Fun.

If the demand is there we will increase the server slots or maybe host multiple servers.

Through the forum we will be announcing events that will happen in server.

The forum will host 3 private sections, for each faction. and a general discussion section.

Events will be posted several days in advance to allow for planning by the factions.

I hope this will lead to some ridiculous encounters and epic pvp firefights.

Edited by WastelandSamurai

I am interested in this as well. I currently play as "immersive" (not sure that can be used in this sentence) as possible ... so this would be the next level up from that. :)

Oh if you want to try it out ... we can use my Private Hive Server ... I have a forum set up for it as while and it has Whitelisting enabled and BattleEye Extended Controls. :)

It uses the DayZ Priv Control Panel (http://dayzpriv.com/features/) and (http://dayzpriv.com/control-panel/).

Just thought you could run an event or two first and see how it goes and then rent your own server or continue to use this one. Besides it is more fun having other people on the server with me. ;)

Edited by novogeek

I am interested in this as well. I currently play as "immersive" (not sure that can be used in this sentence) as possible ... so this would be the next level up from that. :)

Oh if you want to try it out ... we can use my Private Hive Server ... I have a forum set up for it as while and it has Whitelisting enabled and BattleEye Extended Controls. :)

It uses the DayZ Priv Control Panel (http://dayzpriv.com/features/) and (http://dayzpriv.com/control-panel/).

Just thought you could run an event or two first and see how it goes and then rent your own server or continue to use this one. Besides it is more fun having other people on the server with me. ;)

That was actually the hosting company I was going to use, and I have experimented with a local hosted server I set up and used the Control center as well. : D.

What location is your server located?

I may be interested, if you hop onto our Teamspeak 3 Server, look at our thread for the info, maybe we could discuss my Units involvement in this, possibly of course.

What location is your server located?

Germany. I am on very good terms with Tim from DayZ Priv, he is an awesome guy so if Germany doesn't work for you then he can sort you out with a server in the U.S. Datacenter. I might struggle to play there however ... but I guess we could run similar events on my server for the Europeans.

I can also take care of domain registrations and setting up forums and hosting thereof, if you want to maybe do some type of joint initiative here. :)

Germany. I am on very good terms with Tim from DayZ Priv, he is an awesome guy so if Germany doesn't work for you then he can sort you out with a server in the U.S. Datacenter. I might struggle to play there however ... but I guess we could run similar events on my server for the Europeans.

I can also take care of domain registrations and setting up forums and hosting thereof, if you want to maybe do some type of joint initiative here. :)

I like the sound of this you run the eu side and my guys will run the US.

I'm on the east coast so eu servers are not bad for me.

I'm going to be discussing the mechanics and such of adding missions this friday with some friends from school we like to meet and nerd out on game design.

Before I switched degrees to Networking, I used to go for level and game design.

This is kinda my way back in to a creative venture.

I am terrible with websites and html phpbb and such so any help there would be awesome.

Edited by WastelandSamurai

I like the sound of this you run the eu side and my guys will run the US.

I'm on the east coast so eu servers are not bad for me.

I'm going to be discussing the mechanics and such of adding missions this friday with some friends from school we like to meet and nerd out on game design.

Before I switched degrees to Networking, I used to go for level and game design.

This is kinda my way back in to a creative venture.

I am terrible with websites and html phpbb and such so any help there would be awesome.

Sounds good ... I'll drop you a PM with all my contact details and we can go from there. This is going to be fun and a nice change of pace for me. :)

This sounds fun, a sort of escape from all the PVPing that has taken over the mod. I'm not complaining, but this is why I like to play Wasteland every so often. Just a change in pace while still retaining the sudden adrenaline rushes from the DayZ mod that we have all grown to love. Contact me when you guys are done setting this up, and if you need any help I gladly assist you.

This sounds fun, a sort of escape from all the PVPing that has taken over the mod. I'm not complaining, but this is why I like to play Wasteland every so often. Just a change in pace while still retaining the sudden adrenaline rushes from the DayZ mod that we have all grown to love. Contact me when you guys are done setting this up, and if you need any help I gladly assist you.

There will still be just plain bandits, Infact I really want a few to be a part of this. As for my self and my small group we plan on playing in the lone wolf faction and role play random things. ( traders, random raiders, ect.).

The current DayZ environmental feel should not change, just add clans working together against other clans for objectives, rather than pvp in electro, cherno, or NW strip.

I hope the pvp will increase to be honest, but in a structured way that creates a unique experience with out removing the sandbox game play of dayz.

There will be very few rules, and they will be common sense, all other rules can be made in game by the factions if they choose.

I feel that Rocket provided us a sandbox environment so that as a community we can make it what ever we want and really do something amazing as far as a video game experience.

Ill update first post tomorrow at some point with some more details.

Some Updates to OP. Things are coming together, we will have this running by the end of the week. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested in participating.

We need some clan groups, individuals who are going with a faction or lone wolf.

Clans will be forced to join a faction and cooperate with other faction members work together to take out the other faction.

WE NEED SOME GOOD DEDICATED BANDITS.

I mean the old school bandits that would hold you up a gun point and rob you, not just a KoS CoD bandit.

This is a little bit of a gravedig, and if that's a problem, I'm sorry, but I was wondering if this idea was still being pursued?