Sign in to follow this  
daddydustin

Transformation from Bandit to Church Hero

I know some people don't care about stories and what not, but I would like to share mine. It started off about a month ago when I joined a CA server and I didn't care about others, killed people on sight, looting and leaving nothing for others. I stopped playing after I reached around -15k humanity, maybe a bit more than that. Any way a got back into playing DayZ once again cause of a streamer named Brotatoe, but I digress from the main story. Anyway, I get back to see that I still have the bandit skin with my old gear from last month. On the server, they changed it to where churches are sanctuaries and you shouldn't kill other players inside unless you want to be banned.

I came up with an idea to actually help others and get rid of my bandit skin without killing anyone, (since I couldn't find bandits running around) so I started helping people at the Church of Cherno. I called it the Zombie Atheist Church of Cherno (ZACoC), just to be funny and get people to come over to get free blood transfusions, bandaged, etc all for free. Most of the players were surprised that a bandit was helping all these survivors, heroes, and bandits, the word got around pretty quickly that I was actually a friendly bandit. I met some awesome people that helped me and others from bandits, zombies, or even players that tried to loot dead players in the church. If I ran into some trouble because of my skin, I asked the players in the server to say what my true colors were and they helped me get out from getting killed plenty of times. After 2 days of doing this, I made my own group, and added the people that helped me the most.

During the last 2 hours of the third day, I reached my goal of reaching 0 humanity from -15k. My skin changed while doing a run for medical supplies to get my humanity past 0, which apparently it was at 36 already, I guess from a bit of server lag it changed. When my skin changed, I thought I was shot from someone while running, it went straight to first person when my skin changed and once I switched to third person, I could actually see my character's face. I immediately went back to the church and showed my fellow survivors of my change after 3 days, we then were attacked by a hoard of zombies from all directions it seemed like and one of my friends I met from making the church got Mike Tyson'd by a zombie outside the church and I noticed him get KO'd by a zed.

I ran out with my revolver and wasted all my ammo upon the undead but that wasn't enough, I quickly bandaged my passed out friend and tried dragging his body into the church to save him, but there was so many zombies I couldn't get through the door, not even the trapped survivors inside the church couldn't help. I then tried dragging my friend across the street but I was then knocked out and me and my friend died on the street.

I would like to think this is one of my favorite things I did in the entire time of playing DayZ, helping others for three straight days and getting redemption from my bandit skin into a regular survivor again. Helping others might be a big hassle from the very big chance of dying, and it is easier to just be a bandit, but I liked the challenge of helping others. I think my generosity showed most of the server that helping each other isn't so bad, at least I think so haha. Well that was my story, from -15k humanity to a survivor again in three days time, I think it was worth it. Going back to the field again, and have an adventure after hard work. Thanks for reading and I hope the Zombie Atheist Church spreads through different servers and maybe show people that it isn't that bad to help others.

• Like 12

hehe you see how much fun it is to help? not being a goody two shoes but having the adventure of risking everything? ::P

What server are you on? i may be interested in this.

CA 20, I might not be on for the rest of today. About to go out with friends here in a second.

hehe you see how much fun it is to help? not being a goody two shoes but having the adventure of risking everything? : :P

Fortunately the server keeps humanity even after death, so its a big consequence to kill on the server

Server sounds interesting, church sanctuaries! Epic. It may be having a neutral squad joining the server after i speak with the res of my group :)

Nice, I think you and your squad will love the server. I think it is one of the best servers I have ever played on, and I've been playing DayZ since early June of last year

Dude i play on that same server lol... i was doing the same thing yesterday in electro and then while the admins wernt on someone killed me inside the church. But it was worth it. I also run to the hospital and grab supply's and run back to the church to fix people up.

Dude i play on that same server lol... i was doing the same thing yesterday in electro and then while the admins wernt on someone killed me inside the church. But it was worth it. I also run to the hospital and grab supply's and run back to the church to fix people up.

Is your name Lynch? I remember someone by that name doing that in Elektro. But if not, what is your name on the server :P

I also found the other way than the dark side, I was a bandit and I did every bandit things but this was bad,

so I decided that I'll take the hero way and this is what I am at the moment, a hero.

If someone is new here in DayZ, please go the bandit way only if you always play in a group and if you like to hunt the noobs.