geauxtime9

Few Questions

Played for a day or two. Pretty much picked up on everything. Here is what i don't know. How does humanity work? And the different clothes you spawn in? Also, i don't think my direct chat works. I can't ever see people write me back and i have been told they are talking to me on direct. Is there an option? Is teamspeak something i could downlonad to type in? I don't have a headset.

Lastly i want to play with someone i love the game but i want to start teaming up.

My DayZ name is Meaux and this is the server i play on...US 3480 its called HFBServers. Someone hit me up if they want to team up im 23 so i would like someone around my age or older who is serious about DayZ.

the humanity works like this.

injuring/killing people lowers your humanity.

giving people medical supplies raises it.

as for the clothes you spawn in, its completely random

Direct chat generally works within a set radius (I seem to think it's 40m or so, but someone can probably confirm/deny this) - if someone's outside that radius, they won't see/hear what you've said. Don't forget to use the comma and full stop (period for US) keys to switch what channel you're in, as I think it defaults to the 'group' channel, which isn't used in DayZ.

So why do some have like a turbin and others have on like camo and stuff. Also I think my chat is messed up I have sat right next to someone and couldn't see what they said.

The towel around their head means they're a bandit and have killed multiple times. Camo suit and Gillie suit are items that can be found and worn. Hero skin is a white and blue plaid shirt and bullet proof vest which you get by healing people until you have 5k humanity or more.

Hey, Meaux!

I'm one of the admin for US3480, and I've noticed you in there quite a bit recently. First off, thanks for playing with us--here's a beer. Secondly, the "clothes" work (roughly) like this:

Clothing:

-Survivor (male) there are a couple "clothes" sets you can spawn with (white shirt, black shirt)

-Survivor (female) far as I know there's only one set of clothes for the female characters at this point

-Bandit (male) the bandit outfit seems to generally be the white shirt & blue pants, but you will be wearing a shemagh around your face/head.

-Bandit (female) standard clothing doesn't change--but the shemagh is on your face/head

-Hero (male) this skin wears jeans, and a plaid shirt, baseball cap, and a black vest (stops small caliber pistol rounds). There is a slight sprint speed boost for being a hero that lasts until the character begins to pant/breathe heavily.

-Hero (female) remains in standard clothing

*Camo Clothing - Male characters can be spotted wearing "camo" clothing (consists of camo pants, cutoff shirt, and vest) [these spawn in-game, use the dayzdb map to find where]

*Ghillie Suit - Again, male characters can be seen wearing a full-body ghillie suit (some people call the "swamp suit" etc.) [these spawn in-game, use the dayzdb map to find where]

**Soldier clothing - script kiddies will often spawn in crates and in them you can find "soldier clothing" which is a set of BDU's and kevlar helmet. Looks pretty similar to the "heavy class" zombies around military spawns.

Humanity:

Humanity is how the game judges your characters involvement in the world, and how you will be portrayed to other players in-game.

Hero Skin: Doing what I will call "good deeds" (giving medical attention) will earn you points on your humanity. The higher these points, the closer you become to a "hero" skin. I may be misquoting here, but I believe a Hero skin is attained when you've administered 20 bloodbags to people. Or X amount of morphine, bandages, etc. There was (once upon a time) a bug that would give hero-skinned players humanity every X minutes. To my knowledge this is no longer the case.

Bandit Skin: The bandit skin is (as mentioned above) going to have the shemagh around your head/face which will, in many occasions, get you shot on sight (Also called KOS or kill on sight). Bandits aren't usually held in very high regard, and people tend to expect them to KOS or to try and trap people into helping them so they can get a kill. When your humanity becomes negative (from killing heroes and survivors) you become a bandit. It can take as little as one hero kill to become a bandit, be careful!

**Note:

-Killing Survivors will LOWER your humanity

-Killing Heroes will LOWER your humanity

-Killing Bandits will NOT AFFECT your humanity

Cheers!

Edited by Jimm

What Jimm has said, But the soldier clothes are sometimes an extermely rare pick up item.

Edits made. I didn't know they were still part of DayZ loot tables.