Sign in to follow this  
Siggy (DayZ)

Best Server Provider ATM

Hey guys just curious as to who is the best server provider as we speak, and what they have to offer, how much a 40-50 slot server a month is with them, what tool do we get to use.

We had a server with survival servers but there was alot of desync and the support tickets took forever to be answers so we have kind of given up with them.

Running your own server is the way to go :) Not cheap but you get to do what you want, when you want.

If you're looking for a managed host then i'd recommend dayz.st

I'm am trying (no success) to get a server up on dayz.st as we speak. So far it wont let me log back in with the password I entered so I'm a little frustrated. I'm a computer moron so if anyone wants to shoot me a line and help the old lady try to figure out how to make this thing work - feel free to take your pity out of me. If I can throw in some guns and vehicles I'd gladly do it.

Depending of what you're looking for, i've all 3 of the following:

- DayZ.st: it's best option if you're looking for a easy to setup server and you don't require too much customization. If you do not have much admin skill (you're just starting your admin experience), and if you don't need heavily server customizations (addons, script modifications and such). This will be yor choice. DayZ.st has been the best managed hosting for a while, they acquired alot of customers and their support slowed a bit, but remains acceptable.

- Vilayer: it's the best options if you're looking for a managed (optional) server with total customization (virtual dedicate server). You may need "zero skill" like DayZ.st if you need to run a server "as is", but on the other side you may have full server access when your server needs requires a bit more. You can do things that you can't do on DayZ.st, like modifying each single file on the server (including missions, maps, and whatever). Vilayer has been the fist DayZ host, their support turned bad (because of many customers) after a while and their response time has been horrible. They just "relaunched" a couple of weeks ago with a new service, and so far everything is going very smooth. The price is higher than dayz.st due the additional "tools" they offers.

- Virtual dedicate server (not managed): anything above, with a lower price, but with a downside: you need to know exactly how to setup and maintain a server, and believe me isn't that easy coz dayz isn't that intuitive (especially if you run multiple maps and mods). You need to be carefully when choosing a virtual server, coz the hardware demand (even for a single dayz instance) may highly depends by you server traffic.

- Dedicate servers (not managed): this is the top notch option if you're looking for the best performance and the lowest price, it works like the previous one but with the advantage of having much better resources (it is a real server, not a virtual one). Due to the fact that you need to pay for an entiere machine, you're going to host more than a single dayz instance, so it is the optimal solution for who need to run more than a single server (ie: on a Xeon E3 3.4 16GB you're going to run 4 dayz servers). Money wise each dayz server will have an ending costs of about 1/2 of a traditional managed hosting like dayz.st or vilayer.. but again you need some skill to install and maintain a server.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Give dayzpriv a try I think they are really good and have the best customer service 24/7 live chat and they even let you try them free for three days so you have nothing to lose.

Im looking to host dayz a couple of dayz servers on my dedicated server box. You would get full database access and controlling would be done by the excellent DayZ Control Center by Crosire. Full database access means you can control everything on your server.

Can do very good prices as im an individual rather than a company :)

PM me if you're interested :)

Edited by -Panda