swanny45

Defcon servers. Got questions. :)

Hello sirs/ma'ams,

Just ordered a 52 slot from Defcon servers for use with DayZ. Couple things...

1. They told me to post here (Once I get my server info when it's set up.) to get my server White-listed. Didn't see any specific "Hey can you add my server to white-list" threads. Apologizing in advanced if I'm a blind.

2. As far as having correct DayZ files, i.e. up-to-date, where do I get those and/or check if my server is running most up-to-day DayZ files?

Side Note: I can install DayZ directly from my server control, but I'll go ahead and assume those aren't the most up-to-date files.

In short, I'm not entirely new to hosting a server, but with DayZ things seem rather tricky/fuzzy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just want a home for my crew and I.

Okay, just got server. Here's the IP: 206.217.134.226:2402

Do DayZ Devs/Mods need more info for white-listing?

As for the mod itself that is. The server files are the same ones as the client side files.

You can request to join the google groups for server hosters, it has all the information you will need(PM Ander for invite). Most of it is kinda kept from the public therefore its on the server hosting group.

If you have any other sudden questions you can always PM me(I usually respond with in 12 hours).

This company is absolutely horrible, I would highly recommend hfbservers.com , they will have your server up and whitelisted within a very short time. Defcon is overpriced, overrated, and is just an all around horrible company.

This company is absolutely horrible' date=' I would highly recommend hfbservers.com , they will have your server up and whitelisted within a very short time. Defcon is overpriced, overrated, and is just an all around horrible company.

[/quote']

Yeah, and you're biased because of one bad experience with them.

This company is absolutely horrible' date=' I would highly recommend hfbservers.com , they will have your server up and whitelisted within a very short time. Defcon is overpriced, overrated, and is just an all around horrible company.

[/quote']

You need to chill out dude. You can't just go around bashing on a company the whole time because you had one bad experience with them. If you were a client of mine and acting the way you are, I wouldn't refund you your money either. Quit Hi-Jacking the thread.

Back on topic...

Regards,

Dizzymagoo

Nothing wrong with telling people the truth and trying to get them a better deal. HFBServers.com. Check them out, don't throw your money away. Service and prices have been excellent. Happy owner of Seattle 31.

Yes, but even if I am an asshole, I am still telling the truth. Or I could just run around implying that people are assholes..... But that would be a bitch move.

He's doing a freaking public service. Defcon is a joke, and everyone knows it. The walls they be crumbling in. Whatever it takes to keep other gamers from wasting their money on broke-ass Dayz servers. I'm joining this hijack.