Sign in to follow this  
Cappy (DayZ)

As a old player, this mod is now too easy it un-playable

1.7.1:

Sneeking was a great skill to master, aggro was not lost, the tension was high, the fear was great. You knew that if you got aggro you would have to find a building and open fire. This would increase the aggro from the Zeds and reveal your position to others, not a situation you want to be in, but if you had enough ammo it was survivable, however it would eat into your resources such as ammo and medical supplies. You had choices to make, and situations that could arise that warranted carrying a lot of supplies.

1.7.1.1: post hotfix

Now you don't need to sneek, simply run into a building with multiple exits, turn and corner and your home free, aggro is lost. Unless your out in the open with no buildings there is no reason to fire your weapon at all and subsequently no reason to carry alot of ammo,. or even have the need for it.

People say its too hard starting without a weapon?? I say now you simply do not need a weapon, its only purpose now is to serve as a defense tool against other players.

How anyone could think the game is harder now is beyond me. Anyone who has given 1.7.1.1 a fair try with no preconceptions derived from the several rant threads that are about will come to the same conclusion.

For me DayZ has become dull and easy, shame on you all, and the dev team for listening to anyone but yourselves.

I have to agree.

The original behavior was more dangerous. However I like the idea of being able to hide from zombies, it just needs some heavy tweaking at this point.

The risk of being seen, and chased, VS the amount of ammo or supplies you would have to expend was rather balanced as it was.

However, I do not agree about the starting gear, that needs to com back.

I didn't like the fast respawn of 1.7.1, but liked the rest of it. Was more of a challenge but too early to whine. I guess there is more Apocalypse coming.

I thought this was the purpose of the sound aggro? (If you make too much noise then zombies aggro to you).

Has this been nerfed for when your running?

I didn't like the fast respawn of 1.7.1' date=' but liked the rest of it. Was more of a challenge but too early to whine. I guess there is more Apocalypse coming.

[/quote']

The thread is about 1.7.1.1: post hotfix.

1.7.1:

Sneeking was a great skill to master' date=' aggro was not lost, the tension was high, the fear was great. You knew that if you got aggro you would have to find a building and open fire. This would increase the aggro from the Zeds and reveal your position to others, not a situation you want to be in, but if you had enough ammo it was survivable, however it would eat into your resources such as ammo and medical supplies. You had choices to make, and situations that could arise that warranted carrying a lot of supplies.

1.7.1.1: post hotfix

Now you don't need to sneek, simply run into a building with multiple exits, turn and corner and your home free, aggro is lost. Unless your out in the open with no buildings there is no reason to fire your weapon at all and subsequently no reason to carry alot of ammo,. or even have the need for it.

People say its too hard starting without a weapon?? I say now you simply do not need a weapon, its only purpose now is to serve as a defense tool against other players.

How anyone could think the game is harder now is beyond me. Anyone who has given 1.7.1.1 a fair try with no preconceptions derived from the several rant threads that are about will come to the same conclusion.

For me DayZ has become dull and easy, shame on you all, and the dev team for listening to anyone but yourselves.

[/quote']

This.... I Agree.

So, you're upset, because zombies are no longer psychic, and can not tell where you are at all times?

I didn't like the fast respawn of 1.7.1' date=' but liked the rest of it. Was more of a challenge but too early to whine. I guess there is more Apocalypse coming.

[/quote']

Yeah so this isn't really a whine, its only worded this way to parody the thread 'As a new player, this mod is too hard its un-playable'

So' date=' you're upset, because zombies are no longer psychic, and can not tell where you are at all times?

[/quote']

Again I'm not upset, this is a parody of the thread 'As a new player, this mod is too hard its un-playable'

[/quote']

I know? And I said I liked Zombies in 1.7.1 more, like the OP. But I didnt like the respawn rate.

[/quote']

I know? And I said I liked Zombies in 1.7.1 more, like the OP. But I didnt like the respawn rate.

This is fair. And i agree.

Zombies in 1.7.1 were completely broken.

They were completely awesome.

How was it broken?

What do you think?

What part was broken?

It is more complicated than just broken.

What would you change?

WHAAAAAT?!

Okay so this is great. First all the old players want it realistic and all that.. "Remove the gun ,its not realistic" and whatnot, bla bla bla...

Now you want to change the game for its gameplay... Many suggestions have been raged at hard from old players because they shouldnt play the game to have fun but play the 'simulation'..

WHAAAAAT?!

Okay so this is great. First all the old players want it realistic and all that.. "Remove the gun ' date='its not realistic" and whatnot, bla bla bla...

Now you want to change the game for its gameplay... Many suggestions have been raged at hard from old players because they shouldnt play the game to have fun but play the 'simulation'..

[/quote']

I sorry i don't understand, what are you saying here? i don't what to ''change the game for its gameplay'' , because that make no sense what so ever.

Sorry you've lost me there.

How was it broken?

What do you think?

What part was broken?

What would you change?

Basing LOS off the eyes of a very active idle animation, for one.

How was it broken?

What do you think?

What part was broken?

What would you change?

Basing LOS off the eyes of a very active idle animation' date=' for one.

[/quote']

So let understand you correctly.

You think that zombies don't see out of their eyes? Do they have secondary eyes attached to the chest or something? But anyway that is only one aspect, and its not that bad.

Explaining what is broken is a lot more constructive than saying that its just broken. +1 interwebz.

How was it broken?

What do you think?

What part was broken?

What would you change?

[/quote']

You think that zombies don't see out of their eyes? Do they have secondary eyes attached to the chest or something? But anyway that is only one aspect, and its not that bad.

Explaining what is broken is a lot more constructive than saying that its just broken. +1 interwebz.

Oi, jackass, he did say what was broken. In 1.7.1, zombie LOS was based off of head view, but the problem was zombies were jerking their heads left and right extremely fast, so fast that you couldn't see it happening. Which means their 30 degree vision cone just became 270 degrees. Hence the super zombies.

Oh' date=' you are one of those.

[/quote']

I don't understand. I was simply pointing out that stating that something is broken is not good enough and too simple for a complex mechanic. Posting constructively and going into some sorts of specifics is not informative and helpful.

How was it broken?

What do you think?

What part was broken?

What would you change?

[/quote']

Oi, jackass, he did say what was broken. In 1.7.1, zombie LOS was based off of head view, but the problem was zombies were jerking their heads left and right extremely fast, so fast that you couldn't see it happening. Which means their 30 degree vision cone just became 270 degrees. Hence the super zombies.

Oi, person who doesn't read the entire post or understand the concept of context.... The end of my post was referring to the initial post and showing that posting constructively is better. Don't jump to conclusions.

Think the game is too easy, not challenged, not having a good time? You should probably keep playing it.

Oh, and post as much as you can about it.

How was it broken?

What do you think?

What part was broken?

What would you change?

[/quote']

Oi, person who doesn't read the entire post or understand the concept of context.... The end of my post was referring to the initial post and showing that posting constructively is better. Don't jump to conclusions.

I took your post to be referring to the one you quoted, you know, because that's how quotes work. Don't get pissy at me for not getting your context when you yourself aren't clear about it.