Stokes-Mellor

Is it worth the £25 for Arma II CO just for Dayz...

I have been following DayZ for a long time before it was even in the top 20 charts of steam and I love zombie games, books and films. I would have bought this game ages ago but i didn't have the funds to but now i do. Except I really want to buy some of the newest games like Far Cry 3 and games that are not just based on action and have alot of cool ideas, story and acting in them. Also I have kinda set my self a rule to only buy 2 or 3 games a year (excluding small cheap indie games) and since this mod may come out by its self is it worth buying Arma ii now? I am not 100% sure if I should buy it what do the lovely DayZ community think?

-StokesMellor

Yup sure is, but only if you think your not gonna be one of those 'wah wah 1.7.1 is too hard' sorts. Also take into account that other people and bugs are gonna ruin your day from time to time. You will be shot at for no reason, betrayed, your character will be killed by a hacker, or perhaps you will smash your legs while lying next to a tree or any number of horrible glitches that can mean your back on the beach with nothing...

Having said it all that it is one of the most emotional games you will find.. the highs and lows of dayz are what makes it work.

-Snip-

Well in fact that sounds like lots of fun. I love getting immersed into a game and getting annoyed at it. And i know there are bugs and the harder the game is, the better.

I bought Arma2 for Dayz and its totaly worth it, this mod is and will be amazing.

However, I've found Arma2 to be very cool aswell.

You need to understand what u get when u buy arma. It's a game that has huge support (free) from the community.

Most of my Arma is playing Military missions. That is getting online with my friends and we all work together to go do a mission.

Dayz is a tiny part of what arma holds and is a game you will be playing for years if u like missions where u have to insert by chute and blow up something, or go on a SAR or jump in choppers and go destroy enemy tanks... basically Arma allows practically any type of mission or idea u can think of.

I'm absolutely not into military simulations so I bought Arma 2 just because DayZ. And I would have even spent 60 bucks for it because it's one of the coolest gaming experiences i've made.

So well....yeah! Buy it!

I don't recommend it.

It's still the best zombie game mod out there. It's nowhere near polished. Nowhere near finished. Nowhere near stable even.

It's still pretty awesome if you like pain.

Definitely. There's also some roleplay servers you can play which are a great laugh too.

Considering I've already gotten 40 hours or so out of the game, it was worth it. I'd wait for a Steam sale though, you'll be kicking yourself if you buy it now for 25 pounds when the summer sales are coming soon and it'll probably only cost half of that, probably even less!

Its no.1 on Steam and has been for the last month.

Why on earth would they slash it to half price when it is selling so well?

BRAINZ

They would because 1; They did the exact same for Skyrim (66% off infact) for the X-mas sales and 2: Because people like me will buy it an they will make even more moneyz.

I bought Arma: CO for Day Z too. I gotta say it must be my best purchase in my whole gaming history.

Smart move, me. Auto-HiFive *clap*