Sign in to follow this  
pyroflash

Fixing Helicopters

Helicopters have been tinkered with, and now in order to fix them you are required to fix several different parts of it. So far, we have tried fixing most of the parts one at a time, and have gotten nowhere. The issue arises where the parts we fix are immediately available to fix again(?), and as such, we end up fixing duplicate parts, not knowing which ones actually need to be fixed.

The question now is whether or not all parts need to be fixed at the same time (do they break shortly after they are fixed)? Or if they only need to be fixed, but the option to fix them is simply bugged.

Not entirely sure about this, but if you enter the chopper you can see in top left the status of the different parts. You would want them all to be green.

When fixing a Huey, the only available chopper that I know of, you want to get into the pilot's seat and give a good look at the top left corner. You want everything to be green = fixed.

- First is hull, it needs scrap metal to fix. When you approach the chopper, it's called hull or body or something similar.

- Next comes the engine, you'll need engine parts to fix that. Again, should be self explanatory.

- Then you want to fix the MROT or the main rotor. For that you need to find the main rotor assembly. It's called main rotor in the menu.

- Afterwards comes the ATRQ, or the secondary rotor/vertical rotor. This is arguably the most important part to fix, for it counteracts the torque, stops it from spinning out of control. You need scrap metal to fix it. In the fixing menu, it's called the V rotor.

- Last but not least come the instruments, relatively important, depending on what difficulty level the server is in. It shows your speed, altitute, et cetera. It requires scrap metal to fix, and is called avionics(?) in the menu.

Next comes the refueling. Unlike cars which usually take 4 jerry cans to refuel to maximum, choppers require A LOT. 4 jerry cans is like a drop of piss for a chopper. I personally haven't counted, but my group easily needed more than twenty jerry cans to refuel a chopper, therefore you absolutely must bring it to a refueling point, to jerry fuel back and forth from a fuel tank, to the chopper.

That's all there is to it. Don't rely too much on the red/green text in the context menu, it's not always reliable. Always enter the pilot's seat and look at the top left for true chopper's condition.

I understand that this is how helicopters were fixed in the past. As of the 1.5.6 patch however, helicopters now spawn in as decrepit wrecks that will kill you if you try to get into them (the only spot you can even enter at that is the door gunner).

The things you can repair on it are

1. Hull

2. Body

3. L Skid

4. R Skid

5. Gun

6. Engine

7. (IDK, can't remember)

So when you take a look at my last post, you will understand my confusion as it relates to this matter.

I understand that this is how helicopters were fixed in the past. As of the 1.5.6 patch however' date=' helicopters now spawn in as decrepit wrecks that will kill you if you try to get into them (the only spot you can even enter at that is the door gunner).

[/quote']

No no. The smoking deathtrap wrecks are a new feature. They randomly spawn all over the map, and have military grade loot inside them. They're the reason zombie pilots are introduced into the game.

However they're currently bugged, there's at least two threads reporting this issues in the bug forum. They are -not- the same Huey helicopters you can repair and use, the working ones aren't a smoking crater, and they allow you to enter the pilot's seat.

Saw some flying already, also seen many times broken on in Electrozzvodsk

DDA4AC0997A6A3EE2DB23E6AF13937CE55C4C725

i think the basic, is ATRQ, MROT, ENG... ive never seen a helicopter flying, i dont want to die before i can see one