Sign in to follow this  
xZavaaH

Should Be A New Sleeping System

I Think In The Standalon version of DayZ they should be able to sleep in beds if not you should suffer with a lack of sleep and then you pass out? sleeping would add a new thrill to the game sleeping would also let looters take a higher risk of stealing from camps for all they know someone could be in that tent ? please reply with feedback on how you would feel with this?

I think it would be cool if logging off meant sleeping, if you log off on the grass you get less rest than if you log off in a bed. You might play a few hours and your character gets tired and you have to let him rest.

Also I think you can go prone inside tents but im not sure, so if you knew someone was coming you could hide in one and pop out when they are looting.

Having your body in the physical world like your tent, is the next logical step. Of course you have to run the risk of waking up(logging in) stark naked and with only a spork left.

Edited by disorder

That would be a very good idea or when you pass out your an easy target as you snore? kinda a consequence for not sleeping when you have to?

What's with all the pony avatars forchrissakes?

but anyway, your body needs to disappear when you log. Otherwise it just becomes a target for griefers.

Edited by taco241
  • Like 4

What's with all the pony avatars forchrissakes?

but anyway, your body needs to disappear when you log. Otherwise it just becomes a target for griefers.

Agree on both things.

I was about to ask why too, but I figured I'd get mad fer some random reason.

And yeah if your body was there, it'd lag the server and many people would die.

Edited by Welch
  • Like 1

yeah i mean like it comes upthe hourglass when you sleep and then after it times out ie 4 minutes or something thats your sleep over and done with i know it sounds unrealistic but then it puts your sleep bar full again and when you log it should take away your body and stop the server from lagging?

yeah i mean like it comes upthe hourglass when you sleep and then after it times out ie 4 minutes or something thats your sleep over and done with i know it sounds unrealistic but then it puts your sleep bar full again and when you log it should take away your body and stop the server from lagging?

You still need to explain all this pony shit, I really want to know as to why. Is it like some homosexual thing or what?

nah its abrony not a pony hahah its like a group sorta thing please dont mistake us for buttf*cking homosexuals

I don't know about the idea of sleeping, leaving your character in the world sleeping? You will always wake up as a new spawn.

I believe you can already prone inside your tent (if you don't break your leg when your trying), I've seen a video of someone killing some intruder from inside.

But I just don't want the, adding sleep when the next thing they add is poo and shit and becomes The Sims Zombie apocalypse.

Also when I first started playing I did a marathon of playing like 2 days straight, so my character would piss me off if he's trying to go to sleep all the time lol

not this again, sleeping hinders players activity, and theres a lot of features that do that already so trust me, we dont need another idea like that

Ok, perhaps then you only sleep for 5-10 mins of real time then disappear as normal, might help stop combat logging.

• Like 1

Ok, perhaps then you only sleep for 5-10 mins of real time then disappear as normal, might help stop combat logging.
I seem to remember this being brought up a while back.

It'd be a reasonable use of a "sleep" mechanic as far as I'm concerned.

How about just using Sleep as a log-out technique?

If you log out near a tent, or a bed, while in sleep mode, and you wait a certain number of hours before logging in,

you get to slowly regenerate health for a little while, or you have slightly improved speed or endurance ro some other minor thing (a tiny bit more stability while aiming?...dunno).

I just don't want to wait for my character to sleep as I twiddle my thumb in game, nor can we leave him/her sleeping in the world to be looted/killed or sodomized) while we log out for any length of time.