Sign in to follow this  
xZavaaH

Cant't download anything via DayZ commander?

I cant download anything via DayZ commander ive tried turning off my firewall but that doesnt work it come up the stupid socket error message when i try to download dayZ any suggestion on how to help i'll rate whoever helps 5 beans?

try reinstall it, download it from the official site

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Also turn off your virus killer while you do it!

I already suggested the antivirus to him, I thought that he probably guessed to reinstall it himself, so I presumed that didn't work. I've never heard of the error he's having.

If you haven't, try reinstalling DayZCommander.

ive reinstalled commander several times ive just deleted arma 2 oa and trying to re download it im not sure if this will solve it or not also when i go to regedit my key is in binary is that what its supposed to be in?

win7 or 8?on 8 i had to run it in comp mode(windows 7) and as admin

yeah run it as admin and preferably with UAC off, that seems to get in the way of a lot of things

can you guys type down steps for me to do this please? i dont fully understand?

If you are using Windows 8 (i have windows 8 64)

1 Right click on DayZcommander

2 Go on properties

3 Go on the compability tab

4 Tick the "run in compability mode" box,and from the dropdown list select windows seven

5 Click apply-ok etc

6 Then right click on DayZcommander again and select "run as administrator"

It should be working now,that's what i did.if you are not running windows 8,then just do the last step.If it's still not working,then i cant help you,maybe contact dayzcommander support

• Like 2

hahaha.is it working?!!!

• Like 1

Im getting a similar problem, i cant download ANY maps now though commander and my error is "System.net.webexception: The remote name could not be resolved: 'cdn.dayz.st'

at System.net.httpwebrequest.getresponse()

at Dotjosh.dayzcommander.app.core.moddownloader.downloadandextract(int64&totaldownloaded,double totalsize)

at Dotjosh.dayzcommander.app.core.modversioninstaller.installsync(modversion newversion, modversionfile modversionfile)

PLEASE someone help, i really want to try namalsk

ah nevermind. im now reinstalling the damn game....screwy patches. piece of advice, if you download the game through steam and dayz commander tells you its not up to date. DONT LISTEN TO IT