Wüstenfuchs (DayZ)

Important: Server admins - Restrict your server to beta users

DayZ version 1.7.1.1 requires ArmA 2 Beta Patch to work properly. Servers have to enforce this by demanding beta patch from all joiners.

At the moment there are many servers that have not done this, thus allowing players without beta patch to join the servers. This causes many problems, such as players being invisible to others.

How to restrict?

In server.cfg find the line required build 12345

remove the 2 // and type in 94444 (or whatever build the server is running)

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\cfgdayz\server.cfg

requiredBuild = 94444

Edited by Wüstenfuchs
  • Like 1

Just done this, and spoken with Lee @ vilayer who has updated the server with the very latest patch / config.

Any way to get this to work with the Dedicated Server Tool?

Done.... really helps. Now I dont have to hear the noobs cry about not seeing Zeds or Loot. :)

DayZ version 1.7.1.1 requires ArmA 2 Beta Patch to work properly. Servers have to enforce this by demanding beta patch from all joiners.

At the moment there are many servers that have not done this, thus allowing players without beta patch to join the servers. This causes many problems, such as players being invisible to others.

How to restrict?

In server.cfg find the line required build 12345

remove the 2 // and type in 93825

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\cfgdayz\server.cfg

requiredBuild = 93825

By doing this, will it allow builds from 93825 and future builds or just this one?

By doing this, will it allow builds from 93825 and future builds or just this one?

It defines the minimum build required. E.g. all larger builds are allowed. Admin should set that to whatever beta build the server is running. For example if server is running 94444, then set it to 94444.

As an exception, the currently latest beta build 94876 is not MP compatible with the previous builds at all, so a player running 94876 won't be able to join any server that is running previous build.

Edited by Wüstenfuchs

i dont understand, you guys say i need the Arma2 beta patch? does that autoupdate on steam? or do you mean the beta patch for the Day Z mod itself?

when i buy arma2 on steam will autoupdate keep me safe to play any server or do you mean strictly updating to the recent Day Z mod versions?

i dont understand, you guys say i need the Arma2 beta patch? does that autoupdate on steam? or do you mean the beta patch for the Day Z mod itself?

when i buy arma2 on steam will autoupdate keep me safe to play any server or do you mean strictly updating to the recent Day Z mod versions?

Get the Beta patch from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

The latest patch is on the top left. When you install it there will be a new shorcut on your desktop. This will allow you to run ArmA without having to have Steam running. When you do this you cannot downgrade the game to a previous version, you would have to reinstall the game for that. And no Steam does not auto update beta patches, only official ones. So you will not be able to play on servers with the latest beta patch by launching it with Steam.

Edited by SIMJEDI