Sign in to follow this  
DazS

new player with a few questions

ive just started playing dayz played a couple of games earlier first game i died of dehydration starvation and a little help from a zombie second game i got shot while hunting for food and drink

1.where do i have to look to find food and drink can it spawn anywhere or just certain places

2.where can i find a map

3.how do i turn on the flash light

ive just started playing dayz played a couple of games earlier first game i died of dehydration starvation and a little help from a zombie second game i got shot while hunting for food and drink

1.where do i have to look to find food and drink can it spawn anywhere or just certain places

2.where can i find a map

3.how do i turn on the flash light

1. Any where really, best bet is a super market, located in most towns that are in large bold writing on the map.

2. Some severs you spawn with one, but you will most likely find one in a residential building or a super market, SM's are best for any basic item (Hunting knife, food, drink, compass, map, binoculars etc.

3. Open your gear menu up, right click the image of the flash light, click remove from tool belt, it will replace your pistol/ act as a pistol, press L to active once equipped, also try increasing gamma and brightness to help see at night

Any more q's feel free to PM, hope it helps, peace :)

I'll start answering from the last question.

YOU DONT TURN ON THE FLASHLIGHT unless you wanna get shot by a trigger happy camper.but if you insist,equip it as a weapon and press "L"

now about the map,you have to be lucky.most common place i believe it's a supermarket but i've found maps in military camps and in houses

food and drinks can be found everywhere.same with the map,your best chance is a supermarket and then houses.

just a tip,if you are not gonna be a bandit,stack your backpack with food water and morphine(and bloodbags if you play with friends),you'll ran out of food and water before you realize it,it's better to have more than you need

1 - drinks can spawn anywhere

2- best bets to find a map are in grocery stores. Or, you can use an online map at dayzdb.com/map

3 - To turn on flashlight, right click it in your inventory, and select "remove from toolbelt". Now it gets put in your secondary weapon (hand gun) slot. Press "L" to activate it.

You'll have to right click it again and "add to toolbelt" if you wish to equip a pistol. Sadly you can't use both at the same time...until the inventory system gets the standalone overhaul.

thanks for your help lads much appreciated

Welcome to Dayz!

Starting out can be pretty tough in this game, so we've made a server which is noob friendly.

The first 50 players get weapon of choice and loadout! So get in touch soon.

Add me on skype to claim your loadout, but be quick!

Admin's Skype:

• thomas.centium
  • virtoid

TO FIND THE SERVER

Filter by:

Peter and Ronnie

Or use

IP:119.81.31.7

PORT:3323

Look forward to seeing you on there!

Ronnie