Cap'n (DayZ)

Acceptable age to play?

How old should someone be to play?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What is the acceptable age to play DayZ?

I'd like to make a little point, since it's going to annoy me if I don't.

Pointing out your own comparative maturity,like it's an E-peen swinging contest, will strike many people as juvenile behavior.

You should be old enough to know better by now. ^_^

Children will always be in the gaming community even when a game Is rated M for mature or anything, but some children can be mature and some not. I don't really mind squeakers if that is what you don't like, as long as they are not talking about how much 'Weed they smoked' or how they are awesome at the game, children will always be in the community whether you like it or not.

it should only be folk who are 42 and a bit years old. increasing by one every August.

L

(tbh I don't mind who plays as long as they dot cheat/exploit/grief)

Aha, but if you increase it by one every August, that would make it 43 and a bit, and you'll only be 43. You won't be able to play!

Once some 8 year old tried to hold me up so I put on my bane voice and said " this will be very painful for you" at which point he started swearing and I unloaded a clip of ak into him.

Turns out he only had a mackerov

He was whining over side chat for a while

Mental maturity for sure. Might as well add, I can't stand people with high pitched voices, usually younger kids.

I get highly annoyed by anyone who typs lyk thes or anyone who has a squeaky or nasal voice. That tends (not always) to be younger players.

This is the very reason I'm paranoid of speaking into a mic, you'll never know if you're voice is annoying if you never heard it on a recorder.

I think I would go for anyone as long as they're mature enough to think or act seriously ingame.

Edited by zenorc123

This is the very reason I'm paranoid of speaking into a mic, you'll never know if you're voice is annoying if you never heard it on a recorder.

I think I would go for anyone as long as they're mature enough to think or act seriously ingame.

To be fair, everyone's voice is annoying to themselves. They've been listening to it all their lives.

Actually there is:

• Violence;
  • Bad language;
  • Blood content.

Result: 18+.

But I don't think these rules work at our days, because now every 5 year old kid knows more about violence than you...

A 13 year old tried to hold me up, i laughed.. then shot him, then hunted him down on his respawn and shot him again, This game should be for mature people, doesnt matter about age to be honest cause i know some mature young people, but the "COD Kiddies" as you can call them should go...

Yeah your 17. You got a couple years on a 14 year old. 18 might not be a magical number, but you do have a few more years on you which can make a difference in how people interact with you.

You were that age once.

<'gooogle translation'>

I have 15 years now and I am not bandit.

Always the old people make the shots with DMR.

• Like 2

If they can play the game correctly that's A okay with me. Even if their voice is worse than listening to kittens get tortured...

We were all that age once.

I'm 14, generally I play DayZ pretty sensibly. I keep off the mic(My voice is better but still shit), don't mindlessly KoS and don't hack. How does this make me any different to someone twice my age. Shouldn't we discriminate against immature twerps regardless of age? Not everybody under 18 is an immature, hacking, annoying, cheating, CoD loving twat.

"cough" oh shit im all out of mana cant caste smite on this NECRO thread

looks like im fucking

no locking this one

better call in the orlok and see what he thinks

I'll say in high school at the very minimum excluding my school which lets grade 7's in.

Edited by Blondedash

I don't care. I've met some younger players who are better at the game than some more mature players.

This is a very strange topic to talk about and i have lots of experience with this topic. I am 14 yrs old but some people I've played with on TS thought i was 16-18 because of how mature i acted and one guy even said that i reminded him of a buddy of his that was in service. I've been told a lot that i shouldn't be playing these games because of my age but i have to disagree. Maturity is a lot more important than plain age and age limits are wrong in my opinion

I'm fifteen, and I think (of course) 'mature only' should be the option. I've run into far too many kids who scream, talk over sidechat all day, and overall just get annoying. I spend most of my time in racing simulators, and in said game (iRacing) most of the racers are around 20 to 50 years old. I was told by them that I'm surprisingly mature for my age, and they don't mind me around at all (yes, we had this pole on the iRacing forums too.) /i was told that I was the minority that can actually do what I'm supposed to do and not be stupid, and not talk too much. So, another vote is put in for 'mature only'.

As long you're not unnecessary cruel and annoying, I'm cool if you're 12, but yeah, maturity, not age, is the key word here.

Anyone, as long as you act mature it's fine to me.

Age restrictions arent there to annoy people you know,i think people should follow them,i dont know how arma is rated in your country but in my country i think its 18+

I dont like 12 year olds playing 18+ games in general.

Y'know, this community is unusually accepting. Maybe its because we're all freaks on an equal level?

Anyone who does not scream in side channel and does not hack is acceptable. Age does not matter, as long as you can count to 10 and have a common sence of humor you should be fine

If age restrictions actually worked, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But they have done and most likely never will do. I know the exact reason why but I will not branch off into another topic.

It's a minority of majority type type thing. Majority of gamers under 18 or 16 just are not mature enough to interact with other players, can they play? Sure, but being a team player or a member of a community is different. There is a small minority of people in that age group that are fine though, but as I said.. It's the majority. I recently read an article from one of the dev's of Rising Storm, who came out and said that CoD had ruined a generation of FPS gamers (Credit to him as well). From my experience and I'm sure many others, there is a much younger pool of players than there is mature that play CoD, and because of the way CoD is played, they end up on other games with the same mentality, because the ability to adapt and learn new games may have not yet kicked in.

For the record, I'm going on 19 next month. I've played with people a few years younger. Are they good? Yeah.. With some flaws. One big flaw being communication. I get on much better with people around my age or older than myself.