Sign in to follow this  
ATOJAR

Tanks?

Ok I'm trying at settle a debate between me and a friend.

My friend has been told by a friend of his that there are now tank crashes as well as helicopter crashes in dayz, I said I'm not sure, I've never ever seen one.

Can anybody confirm if there is now tank crashes in dayz?

Thanks.

There are not drivable tanks bu there are APC wrecks and even standard vehicle wrecks that spawn loot.

Edited by Box

There have, for a longer time than just this patch, been 3 kinds of randomly placed environment objects on the map, as far as I know:

- Vehicle wrecks with loot (other than the static ones that are just roadblocks) - your friend probably meant these

- Helicopter crashes (with smoke rising)

- Care packages (with loot around them)

Ok I'm trying at settle a debate between me and a friend.

My friend has been told by a friend of his that there are now tank crashes as well as helicopter crashes in dayz, I said I'm not sure, I've never ever seen one.

Can anybody confirm if there is now tank crashes in dayz?

Thanks.

Is your friend getting confused by loot spawning in vehicle wrecks in the standalone? I have seen no such thing in the mod to date.

In short: Hes confused. He must be meaning the 'Wrecks', which is an additional add-on to DayZ for Servers, to-wit they spawn (..I believe) BMP's, Ural's, and T-72's along with assorted air vehicles ect. He must be meaning those, as they also spawn loot.

Actually yesterday I found on DE 686 official a bunch of tank wrecks in cherno and one outside which exploded upon entering. So yes there can be tanks, which are either placed in game by hacker or some admins with wicked humor.