Azrail (DayZ)

please read: matchbox spawnrate

where would you suggest?

Electro (though it'll probably be just as empty as Cherno' date=' due to all the spawnees being on the coast), Polano, Zelenogorsk, Pustoschka, Vybor, there's two in Berezino, and if you're really feeling hardcore, you can try for the one in Stary.

No seriously, though. Don't go for the one in Stary. No matter how badass you are, you will die. Probably. Or at least get shot at if there are horrible shots on overwatch. But it really isn't worth the risk. Just go for Vybor instead. It's just up the road.

[/quote']

haha funny you should say that. i go into stary every time i head that way to the airfield and i never get shot at or hear anyone in the town.

Not had a problem with matches spawnrate, they are pretty rare but they are also very useful.

I like the idea of a use-based limitation on matches, but it does mean its another inventory slot used for carrying around spares of things you need.

Not a big fan of taking away my morphine at spawn and making matches so rare that I'm forced to go into dodge city to find them.

while i actually love the no-weapon-spawn, it became ultimately harder to survive due to the huge gap between blood loss/blood regain capabilities.

i have no trouble to survive until i found a gun and ammo, but i will usually have lost at least half my blood, and it is literally impossible to recover from that, unless you find bloodpacks and a trustable fellow player (not so common), or happen to find knife/hatchet/matchbox and go hunt some wildlife. so i will encounter the same problem as before, just a lot earlier now.

i roam the map from south to north, east to west, and i literally visit every single loot spot which has a chance to spawn a matchbox, supermarkets included.

as per loottable known to public, the matchbox has a chance of 1,68% to spawn.

alicepacks, maps, binoculars, lee enfield, crossbow, all have the same or even less chance to spawn, and still i find plenty of those in a single day, while i still have not found one matchbox within weeks. this isn't just bad luck, something is wrong here.

now, the random spawn stuff is a good thing in my opinion, rare items need to stay rare, but not for key items which are MUST HAVE to survive. knife and hatchet are fine as they are now (wtf, hatchet is now more common then tin cans in some areas) we just really need a fix on the matchbox. i understand that an unlimited matchbox is a bit to valuable for a high chance of spawn, so maybe we can tweak it a little?

like this:

limited use per matchbox (random, 5-20 uses per box.

can be merged with other matchboxes to save inventory slots.

they have at least a 25% chance to spawn in a supermarket or church.

i think these have been suggested already, this just to sum it up.

this would make surviving at the very least possible.

Well if matchboxes,hunting knives,and hatchets were all common loot.... wouldn"t everybody be jacking off furiously in the forest????

Well if matchboxes' date='hunting knives,and hatchets were all common loot.... wouldn"t everybody be jacking off furiously in the forest????

[/quote']

and if thats what they want to do, let them have it? but most people are to much in love with their bandit lives. also game would become boring quickly if all you ever see is cows and boars....