Sign in to follow this  
Gromit (DayZ)

Cant connect to any 1.7.1.1 servers

So, as the title stated I cannot connect to any server anymore. I get "bad version, server rejected" type of message. I have been able to play DayZ before.

I looked up a few threads and one said delete your original @DayZ folder. I did that, deleted it all. I then opened up Six Launcher and clicked on a random server which said "1.7.1.1/beta *numbers", like most servers say.

So I let it download its ~360mb update? But still to no avail, I dont know what is wrong with it or why it isnt working. Can someone please help me out here?

Cheers.

Either the server hasn't updated to the latest build of the OA Beta, or you haven't.

Check http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php and download the latest patch (93825) - this will enable you to get onto all servers that are running the 93825 beta.

Cheers man, I assume I can just extract that .exe anywhere from its zip and then run the .exe to install the update?

I did that, but now the game wont launch from steam.. It just crashes? Ill try launching via Six Launcher.

It won't launch via Steam unless you've created a brand new shortcut for it - the Beta and Operation Arrowhead that you initially installed run from two seperate destinations.

I run my DayZ by launching it from the DayZ Beta.cmd file that's floating about (sorry - I got mine from a TS file transfer, don't know the link for download) but I assume that Six Updater will apply all relevant, recent DayZ .pbo's - it should also apply and launch the appropriate version of OA, depending on what server you double-clicked 'Check' or 'Update' against.

Bear in mind, also, that not all servers run the same combination of DayZ Code data and Beta patches.