Sign in to follow this  
Rosseeles

Finally a lightbulb moment

Well ive been playing this game on and off for around 6 months, really enjoyed it, but it got a little stale so i thought id have a break until the SA. however a few nights ago i thought id have another crack after watching a load of you tube videos (my experiences never seem to match up to them!) and finally had my lightbulb moment, where everything clicked.

I've now realized how big a part server choice plays in your experience, previously i used to try any server just to get in and have a game, didn't look at the type, mainly just ping and numbers. Since ive come back i look at the server alot more, any related website they have etc to try and get more of an idea on the server. I cant tell you how much of a difference its made , ive found a server who have very strong admins, have events, and seem to have a large core of players who arent in it just to play team deathmatch in elektro.

The experience of a good server makes this awsome game so much better, for instance last night i spent a few hours on the usual solo scavenging but then got caught up in a hijacking, ended up losing all my gear, then got taken in by a group of friendlies and eventually stole all my gear back, an experience more akin to the you tube vids you see....and for a change didnt die at all.

So for anyone who like me used to just click on a server to get a game, take a few mins to find out about the server and i'm sure you'll have a better experience

• Like 3

I agree that a good server goes a long way towards a good playthrough session. I spent a day finding good servers and adding them to my favourites..

• Like 1

I'm hoping the EU Balota buddies server turns out to be great fun. Currently they're contemplating not using the recent patch -which I love- so I'll likely move on.

I've only had a few of these moments, like when I was taking a piss -IRL- came back and our position was being shot at, lying down in the grass of devils castle and taking out my first guy was incredible.

Balotabuddies.net

White listed servers in US, UK, and AU.

Several flavors of Dayz, great admins. Heroes, bandits, medics, and Bambi's all welcome.

We run our own TS, every player is required to have a mic, and be in TS to play (multi channels per server).

Come check us out, you won't be disappointed.

AC