namvet1974

Is it me?

I seem to respawn most times miles from anywhere, then spend 15 minutes or so getting to a place that might have a coke or ammo i cant use, then get chased out by zombies for ages until the cycle happens again.

i have seen a couple of guys to which i am shouting friendly running towards them only to be shot and then have to start the process all over again.....

I havnt seen a vehicle to use, there are too many zombies and i dont even have a gun half the time, i am doing something wrong?

• Like 1

Happens to everyone. You'll get the hang of finding supplies and vehicles soon enough.

One tip though, don't run directly at people, especially if you're armed, 99% of people take that as a threat, regardless of skin, gear, or what you're saying. If you insist on making contact, try to keep cover in between you but keep eyes on them. (abuse 3rd person) Do your best to talk to them beyond "FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY!" and if they respond go from there. If they don't respond they either can't hear you due to a number of reasons beyond your control or they're intent on finding and killing you, which in either case it's best to leave them alone or kill them, whatever your preference is.

• Like 1

I seem to respawn most times miles from anywhere, then spend 15 minutes or so getting to a place that might have a coke or ammo i cant use, then get chased out by zombies for ages until the cycle happens again.

i have seen a couple of guys to which i am shouting friendly running towards them only to be shot and then have to start the process all over again.....

I havnt seen a vehicle to use, there are too many zombies and i dont even have a gun half the time, i am doing something wrong?

Welcome to Day Z.

Stick it out fella you will soon get the hang of it. Once you get a feel for the map and can quickly identify enter-able buildings (and what type of loot they spawn) you will start getting somewhere.

Alternatively, feel free to join our server and aska few of our guys to help you out till with some pointers and quick tips. I'm sure most of the guys on our server will be more than happy to have you tag along with them, details here;-

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/120674-bsb-taviana-ukeuro-whitelisted-server-bambis-noobs-bandits-wanted/

Edited by Box

You have to understand the loot spawn system, that's the key to survive the first phase.

Don't go to place A, loot, leave and go to place B walking for miles. Stay nearby place A and wait for the loot to respawn and return there over and over again.

Also, consider that certain buildings have a single loot spawn point whereas others have tens of them. Since loot is random a place with many spawn points provide you better chances to get something useful.

Finally, according to what you are looking for (weapons vs. tools vs. food) you will need to look for different places.

Study this map: http://dayzdb.com/map to understand what I mean.

Good Luck,

_Anubis_

Your not doing anything wrong, just learning to play DayZ. You will get used to spawn points, learn the best places to go, the easiest places to find what you need. We all went through the same trials and mistakes, it's just part of learning to survive.

The first few weeks are in fact the best few weeks, although with the new update, even I feel like a noob again. Dayz is a harsh game, full of life threatening pitfalls and perma death. It's exactly the reason why it feels so fresh and new, gaming without the safety nets.

Enjoy. :)

Edited by DazTroyer

As mentioned, you will become more efficient and improve the more you play. In the initial days I never thought I would ever come across a vehicle, let alone be able to repair/use one. It just comes with time and patience, but it's worth it.

>> dayzdb.com is a great resource as mentioned, one of many online.

• Like 1