blitz711

Worst Private Hive EVER (racism)

Hey everyone!

I just registered to share my frustration over the worst experience i probably had playing Dayz. I am not asking for anything, i am just really really dissapointed with what happened and i wanted to share the story.

Just a few hours ago i was playing in a German private hive by the name of: Dayz German Hometown. As i was playing a hacker teleported everyone in the same location, nothing i havent seen before in dayz so i started running. 5 minutes later i got kicked from the server due to the reason seen in the screenshot below:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8218/racistserver2.jpg

(Placed the picture in a link because it was too large for the forum)

As you can see i was kicked from the server because i am from Greece... I have never felt more disgusted or frustrated by such racism (let me add that my ping was around 80 at them time, so that eliminates getting kicked for lag issues). Like i said i am not asking for anything its their server their rules and i get that, but i just wanted to share it because i thought it was extremely offensive and rude.

Cheers

• Like 3

Extremely dispicable. Surely that should not be a factor when we are all doing something enjoyable, playing a game together. Certainly a server i will NOT be visiting. Hopefully something will be done about this in an official capacity. In the meantime, chin up - there are many other servers that will welcome you, and i hope that this is just a single rogue in the server lists.

I hope. . . .

• Like 1

As im a german guy i feel very sorry bout what youve experienced :( the only reason i think is, that some ppl compared A. Merkel with an well known Austrian guy, you should know that from the newspaper.

I dont say that this is right, that you´ve been kicked!!! Just wanted to explain why they did maybe.

Anyway, this server has to be closed!

• Like 1

I am lost for words, not acceptable. Although i wouldn't count it as "racism" it's still not acceptable to behave in such a manner.

Let me point out that this is the first time i hear of such a thing and it seems like it's a private hive and you can't do anything about it but find a better server to play on :/

Edited by Draay
  • Like 1

Dude, its their server they can run it anyway they wish. If they don't want players connecting from specific countries, or outside of their home country, its their right to enforce that, they pay for the server, you merely played there for free! Them kicking you purely because you are connecting to their server from an I.P. located in Greece is not racist in the slightest.

If I set my server so only players from Europe could join, does that mean I'm racist to the rest of the world? No. It simply means I only want players from Europe to play on my server!

Edited by -Panda

Dude, its their server they can run it anyway they wish. If they don't want players connecting from specific countries, or outside of their home country, its their right to enforce that, they pay for the server, you merely played there for free! Them kicking you purely because you are connecting to their server from an I.P. located in Greece is not racist in the slightest.

If I set my server so only players from Europe could join, does that mean I'm racist to the rest of the world? No. It simply means I only want players from Europe to play on my server!

i have to agree, you dont know they could as already suggested only accept players from germany. also i won't worry too much there english is dreadful surely it should be "no greeks"?

• Like 1

You're talking about continents, not countries. A better example would be a French server not allowing people from Austria to play on their server, simply saying "No Austrians" and no other reason. Would you take offense to that if you were Austrian?

• Like 1

Like i said in my first post i am not asking for anything and i totally get that its their server and thus its their rules, i just want to highlight a bad (in my opinion) server. That does not mean though that kicking a player because of his nationality is not extremely offensive and racist. Furthermore, while i understand your argument about restricting access for certain countries/continents i am inclined to disagree with it for several reasons. Geographic restrictions happen 1) To avoid lag and 2) because you may want only your fellow countrymen to join (very acceptable to me). But in my case, 1) There was no lag and 2) If they only wanted German players how come their server's description is in plain English? as you can see in this screenshot: http://img38.imagesh...20/26546736.jpg

I believe that if they only wanted German players, 1) the server description would be written in the German language and 2) it would probably contain a warning in English, like: Only Germans. Additionally, other people were speaking in English in the side channel and they werent kicked..

Once again, i am not asking for anything just highlighting a bad experience....

-----------------------

I am bound to try one of the servers recommended here anyways so thanks for the suggestions guys

Much appreciated! :D

Edited by BlitzGreek

hi @ all, i play on this server since 3 month and there are no nazi-germans on it :3 the reason was that the admins not really could locate, which player is using hacks , so they kicked random players, who played for the first time. Now there are new and better admin Tools and this server is really save against cheaters. We got 5 admins and they are all very activ, even in the night 1 is playing or overviewing the server. gl&hf

if there are more questions, registrate and watch in the our forum at = forum.dadabi.de

Edited by L1ghtn1ng

hi @ all, i play on this server since 3 month and there are no nazi-germans on it :3 the reason was that the admins not really could locate, which player is using hacks , so they kicked random players, who played for the first time. Now there are new and better admin Tools and this server is really save against cheaters. We got 5 admins and they are all very activ, even in the night 1 is playing or overviewing the server. gl&hf

if there are more questions, registrate and watch in the our forum at = forum.dadabi.de

Did you take a look at the screenshot i posted? Cause 'No Greece' as a reason to get kicked isent exactly synonymous to getting kicked because the admins couldent determine who the hacker was. Anyhow, there are a lot of better and more friendly servers so i doubt that me or any of my friends will be joining yours again, so no worries your server is clean of us Greeks. :P

Adieu.

Edited by BlitzGreek

I suggest you dont play on this server anymore then...

Lol

Anyhow, there are a lot of better and more friendly servers so i doubt that me or any of my friends will be joining yours again, so no worries your server is clean of us Greeks. :P

Adieu.

Edited by BlitzGreek

Hey we just started a new server and are trying to get a player base :) we are very helpfull and friendly there is about 10 of us that play atm, and we do have a mumble server you can join as well, and friends are welcome we have a 50 man server :). Info in sig :) My boyfriend has been doing some editing to the map, and there are alot of vehicle/air spawns, we are mostly friendly other then our mumble bandit ;) he is our friend as well but you have to becareful of him lol. Oh we have day/night with full moon as well. Should come and check it out, we are active admins as well. :)