Sign in to follow this  
uhpam

Disconnected while flying in standalone

Hello all,

I've been thinking.. So an issue that i see is quite annoying right now is that if you get disconnected while flying, you'll most likely lose your helicopter as there won't be a pilot (it will crash).

I tweeted Rocket regarding this, but no answer as of yet (didn't really expect one). But maybe someone on the Dev Team will see this post and give us some information.

I've also got a simple suggestion that would probably fix this. So right now, it's not possible to take the pilot seat if the pilot get's disconnected or shot or w/e. How come? If that was possible, this wouldn't be much of an issue (unless you're flying by your self).

Any thought regarding this?

Cheers,

Sebbe

It'd be nice to have it auto-land (it'd have to actually do the full animation though) - any players near by could nick it, and/or if you get back in fast enough, problem solved!

Edited by MrBarrington

I think a pretty neat idea would be for the server to send details of your location (like it always does), but it should also include elevation and also whether you was in an air vehicle at the time, so when you reconnect and it recognises that you disconnected whilst flying, you are spawned in the same elevation/location and start floating down with a deployed parachute.

I don't think there's going to be many ways to save the vehicles if you disconnect (if you're solo anyway...)

I do remember one of the devs talking about this a while back and saying you can't design a game around people having unstable connections. They have to design the game assuming people playing will have a stable internet connection I guess.

• Like 1

I do remember one of the devs talking about this a while back and saying you can't design a game around people having unstable connections. They have to design the game assuming people playing will have a stable internet connection I guess.

That I'm totally fine with. But I've experienced disconnects, not because of my internet connection, but the server. You get disconnected from time to time with something like (Can't remember the error message fully): client signature lost connection to server (close to that I think). I can't do anything about it. Perhaps this is because I'm playing on private hive servers? Not sure..

I think your issue here should be with your ISP or the server you're playing on, not the devs. :S

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

Agreed. I don't really have an issue with disconnects and play mainly on private hives so I can only assume the issue is at your end and not something the devs can fix.

Simple fix, just make it so you can hop into the pilot seat from other seats in the vehicle like most of the other vehicles in Arma anyway. Most people dont fly alone anyway in my experience, not that ive found a helicopter for months now though.

Okay, yea. Might be something with my firewall or something? Didn't really thought about that... I'll check it when I come home. Thanks for opening my eyes a bit here :)

It's more likely an issue with your service provider.

Can an admin change the title for the thread.

I thought he got disconnected WHILE PLAYING STANDALONE.