theirongiant

Sleeping at tents

Had a wee shot this morning, primarily to test out running dayz from a ramdisk(thoroughly recommended btw) and I noticed that tents now have a sleep option. Not sure what the results of sleeping are but is this a new thing or have I just never noticed it before?

Edited by theirongiant74

For now its just animations.

Ahh i see, i must be thinking of a standalone feature of something,

Ahh i see, i must be thinking of a standalone feature of something,

If I recall correctly, the Origins devs were the ones that said they would implement that in.

Edited by Deetwo

If I recall correctly, the Origins devs were the ones that said they would implement that in.

the dayz 2017 where before origins

Edited by kleutscher
  • Like 2

the dayz 2017 where before origins

Ah, thanks. Didn't know 2017 had that feature.

Edited by Deetwo

Ah, thanks. Didn't know 2017 had that feature.

not yet next release:) they are still working on the effects of tiredness. like hearing and seeing things that arent there for example.

sleeping alone is not enough. there should be effects of being tired that will make you find a tent and sleep.

I don't like the sleep idea... Makes no sense to sleep for 10 seconds. There is such a thing as too much realism.

I don't like the sleep idea... Makes no sense to sleep for 10 seconds. There is such a thing as too much realism.

Maybe if it they made it as a log out option of some sort. So if you log out from such an option, you'll actually gain health based on how long you're logged out of the game.

Edited by Deetwo

ya logging out while in sleep mode near a tent could grant you a bonus over random location logout. Fine idea

Well how else are they supposed to implement it? sleeping for 9 hours in a multiplayer game wouldn't exactly be feasible or add anything to gameplay for that matter.

ya logging out while in sleep mode near a tent could grant you a bonus over random location logout. Fine idea

Yeah, it'll also be a nice little treat for those that are too busy to play the game often.