Sign in to follow this  
nicole.micaela@gmail.com

Updated DayZ and Arma2 OA patch. Stuck on "Loading Character Data. Please Wait"

By the looks of it, loads of other people are also having this issue.

So first I updated DayZ to 1.7.5.1 and then the arma beta patch to 101480. I'm using DayZ Commander.

I can get to servers' lobbies just fine until I try to log in. First it says "something went wrong, disconnect and try again!" and soon after that it says "Loading character data. Please wait" but it gets stuck.

I tried downgrading the arma patch but that didn't work. I also tried to launch both Arma2 and Arma2 OA from steam but no dice.

Any advice?

Edited by ayanae

Did you delete the beta folder from the expansions folder before installing a new patch?

Do I have to delete the whole beta folder before installing a new patch? I've never done that with previous patch updates, though.

I had the same error after i got teleported by a hacker and closed the game.

I waited like 5-10 minutes to get in the game und when i finally got in i had a broken UI. I killed myself by using the Respawn command but it doesn't seem to help.

Yeah same problem here and Dayz commander not filtering Private & main hives correctly grrrr teething problems I guess but frustrating all the same :(

Roll on SA ^_^

I just rerolled the game to 1.7.4.4 and i could log into the game normally again. I didn't even lose my stuff despite having killed myself multiple times with the broken UI.

Everyone I know is unable to play and is perma stuck in the loading screen as well.

///

I was able to find a new updated server and get in. It seems like all the other servers with this loading screen issue have some sort of customized options that are currently broken, hindering your ability to enter the game.

Edited by argenex