Sign in to follow this  
speca

Ghillie Suits Good to Wear?

Just curious out of the two latest patches have they fixed the old Ghillie suit up? Just found one in a chopper crash site and wanting to wear it, just want be safe because i got me an M4 CCO SD and a AS550 :>.

Some serious answers will be great, if they are glitched just tell me and possibly when they will be fixed.

Cheers,

Auzzii

Check the changelogs on the patch releases. This issue is being brought up regularly so I would have thought that this would be addressed on the changelog. However, I can't recall seeing anything about a fix being implemented yet.

They are so long :<, i am also Dyslexic, it is rather hard to read long things that are bunched together, that is why i put this post up.

I thought that the beta patch fixed it?....not sure where i read that though..

If someone could confirm this that would be awesome! :)

I found TWO ghillie suits yesterday. This was after one on an earlier patch ended up losing all of my shit when I spawned in the ocean.

I want to wear it, but does anybody know if there is a fix yet to the skin bugs?

So, for a safe approach..? Keep the suit in mah backpack 'till further notice?

There's an indicator of it possibly being buggy on spawn: if you put it on and see the ocean it's screwed.

In that case you can either wait it out for some 20 minutes or so or head to the coast, find a safe place and respawn. That way it's easy to retrive all your gear.

If you put it on and see that the screen doesn't flash the ocean up its safe. I usually wait out some 15 minutes just to make sure before logging off.

I've also got a ghillie suit in my backpack but not sure to put it on or not, clarification on this issue would be nice.

I put on a camo suit yesterday, I saw a brief flash of ocean (less than a second, I guess it was recreating my character) and then I was back on the exact same spot I put the suit on, no bugs, no problem when I died and respawned. I don't know about the ghillie suit itself, but I would assume it'd work like the camo suit.

I put on a camo suit yesterday' date=' I saw a brief flash of ocean (less than a second, I guess it was recreating my character) and then I was back on the exact same spot I put the suit on, no bugs, no problem when I died and respawned. I don't know about the ghillie suit itself, but I would assume it'd work like the camo suit.

[/quote']

That's because you died once before logging back in. The issue may only occur if you are wearing it with your active character and logging of and back on later.

if you do decide to wear it, make sure you play for a while afterwards. it takes a little while for the serversto save te position of your "new" character when you change skins.

Just curious out of the two latest patches have they fixed the old Ghillie suit up? Just found one in a chopper crash site and wanting to wear it' date=' just want be safe because i got me an M4 CCO SD and a AS550 :>.

Some serious answers will be great, if they are glitched just tell me and possibly when they will be fixed.

Cheers,

Auzzii

[/quote']

meh, just deposit your gear to your buddy/ hidden car/tent and try ur luck with that camo.

I reverted back to 1.6.0.1 from 1.7 at one point to try the ghillie, having spawned in the ocean previously.

I saw the ocean flashing, but after several respawns didnt spawn in the ocean.

The problem seemed to be in the 1.7 because i didnt have the beta then. Maybe the beta fixed it, i am not sure. Saw a couple of people in ghillie/camo since the beta became required so i guess its ok now?

Also confirming that with the current beta patch and 1.7.1.1, you will not teleport to the ocean with a Ghille on. Both times when equipping it, I would see the ocean for a moment then be back to where I was.

Is it ok if i'm a few beta patches down? the latest one limits the ammount of servers i play because it kicks me for some "Error #16"

to me, skins are working fine since the 1.7 + BETA patch

Is it ok if i'm a few beta patches down? the latest one limits the ammount of servers i play because it kicks me for some "Error #16"

try taking the last beta update, this problem happen with the 93825 beta patch.

Take this one and try to join servers with.

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93701.zip

But maybe the issue is solved since 2 days ago about the "error script restriciton 16"

I've got camo and I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this but I've logged on and off about 8 or 9 times without issue. I don't change into civ clothes before I log off either. I have my civ clothes in my back pack .

haha this is funny because i logged into a 1.7.1.1 server ran over to berezino into the lower super market and there, right next to each other 2 ghillies separate spawns.

its probably the best skin, unlike a lot of skins that are supposedly camo in various games, i've not seen a skin blend so well with its surroundings than the ghillie, it really is quite easy to not see someone in the ghillie there are lots of colours in the map that just blend really well with it.

also i changed from camo to ghillie and only saw a flicker of ocean then as someone said i was back in the same place.

i gave one of the ghillies i found to a friend and we were farming and killing zombies on low pop just aim practice mostly, the most common sentence was 'where did you go' or 'i cant see you where are you'. think that speaks for itself.

All right, i shall try it tomorrow all, cheers for the assistance, keep posting if you further want to discuss the issue