Sign in to follow this  
fwisky

Why BIG YouTubers need the editor feature in the standalone

as the dayz series i have going is a cinimatic drama series, i would love an editor. and for the few of you that called it hacking could not be farther from the truth, ppl like karwin and myself use the editor in single player with functions designed to be used by the game long before dayz ever came around. But a game should never be developed with only youtube in mind, and its this reason i don't think they will add an editor which makes me sad. But just like some ppl like to make 30 min gameplays to show there story, others like to create short storys far diffrent from just gameplay, and do it with only there own mind and the editor

as the dayz series i have going is a cinimatic drama series, i would love an editor. and for the few of you that called it hacking could not be farther from the truth, ppl like karwin and myself use the editor in single player with functions designed to be used by the game long before dayz ever came around. But a game should never be developed with only youtube in mind, and its this reason i don't think they will add an editor which makes me sad. But just like some ppl like to make 30 min gameplays to show there story, others like to create short storys far diffrent from just gameplay, and do it with only there own mind and the editor

And others make interesting videos like chernojourno or whatever he is called (sorry!) and i make random videos people may like party in dayz, man's best friend and dayz meets hollywood, making cinematics is great and makes the viewers feel like as if they were watching a movie,

it would be great to have the editor in the standalone but i could just carry on using arma 2 editor and wait for arma 3 to come out with the mod.

The way I see it, there is no need for an editor in DayZ SA.

I'd much rather have a polished game, and then wait the couple of months for someone to make a zombie skin/animation for ARMA III when it is released (You can bet all of your chips it will happen, just like there are many zombie mods for ARMA II).

Leave the editor for ARMA III, where it will be polished, and wait for the zombie mod skins. Besides do you really need to make a DayZ cinematic? ARMA offers a limitless toolset for creating virtually any kind of machinima, I started off on the editor and learning how to finally work sony vegas about 4 months ago now, and I've created some pieces i'm really proud of without ever touching DayZ.

Heck, i've even made a few polished cinematic intros for people without using DayZ and instead using one of the other zombie mods available on Armaholic.

Widen your scope people, especially those of you who want to make movies within the Real Virtuality engine.

• Like 1

Sorry, but this was really, really bad. :/ LEt's not bump this thread about Frankie speculations, it's not relevant.

Sorry, but this was really, really bad. :/ LEt's not bump this thread about Frankie speculations, it's not relevant.

Just bumped this shit, whatcha gonna do about it? C:

• Like 1

The way I see it, there is no need for an editor in DayZ SA.

I'd much rather have a polished game, and then wait the couple of months for someone to make a zombie skin/animation for ARMA III when it is released (You can bet all of your chips it will happen, just like there are many zombie mods for ARMA II).

Leave the editor for ARMA III, where it will be polished, and wait for the zombie mod skins. Besides do you really need to make a DayZ cinematic? ARMA offers a limitless toolset for creating virtually any kind of machinima, I started off on the editor and learning how to finally work sony vegas about 4 months ago now, and I've created some pieces i'm really proud of without ever touching DayZ.

Heck, i've even made a few polished cinematic intros for people without using DayZ and instead using one of the other zombie mods available on Armaholic.

Widen your scope people, especially those of you who want to make movies within the Real Virtuality engine.

True its not that i need dayz for my cinematics and a cinematic feature shouldnt damage the game. still i would like to see this feature in dayz.

Just love zombie/infected stuff.

i dont mind if we wouldnt see it in dayz Sa becouse we still will have Arma3 with full editor.

and else the cryengine3 is a nice alternative. cinebox and a good pipeline with 3d programms. we'll see:)

Its interesting to always see the 2 combined. I am biased towards the game being the complete experience. Native support for film directors well I guess that would have to be through the arma 3 engine for the short term.