Sign in to follow this  
60007bln

Can anyone give advice for a noob

Don't go to Green Mountain!

its haunted and has no loots....just a car spawn i think

Hello Can anyone give some advice for an almost total noob to the game. ps: can someone recommend a non hacker server.

60007bln Play more on private hives than public servers they tend to have less hackers and are monitored WAY better when there is hacking. Trust me, a good with less hackers will be much more enjoyable for you even if they hackers are spawning in stuff for you.

Look ay mu sig, that is my mainplay server and its one of the best private hives out there. You'llneed Rmod 2.1 but I can walk you thru setting that up.Really not anymore diffuclt than how you installed Dayz. Its a great server with great admins and it feels like it is a perpetual world unlike most servers out there. Also very unique you'd like it.

I think the first thing you should do -If you're good at shooters/movement/reactions-

Head to one of the main cities, dive right in. You will likely die but dying in the early days is good for your initiation period when you're new. You should head to the white building with yellow doors, this is a supermarket and your best friend in the early days. However be careful as it is also other survivors best friend too.

You will need to get some food and drink here and any tools you can find (Hunting Knife, Box of Matches, Binoculars). You may also find a pistol which realistically are only for killing Zombies, which you'll likely need to do in the early stages of your game. Make sure you find a map before you leave for the north as you can get lost extremely easy in this game and end up in places you don't want to be in (Stary Sobor, NWAF and NEAF).

Once you have obtained your map head north and explore, you can lose your zombie aggro in the pine trees (green triangle shaped), just crouch in them and move slowly in a crouched position. Once free of zombies you should explore but do not be naive and think the first player you see is friendly, most people in this game will kill you for your supplies, you'll definitely learn that as you make your way north.

You should head to Berezino (North east corner of the map) it is a relatively safe town with two super markets for food and military tents at the most northern part for possible military gear, perhaps you'll find a vehicle on your way here so make sure you find a Toolbox from the smaller towns you will likely come across. Make sure you keep an eye on your food/water/blood/temp meters in the bottom right hand corner.

Good luck.

Yeah, as mentioned.. Green Mountain? No. Theres something about that place. Everytime I go there not long after something will happen, it is cursed!

Also the bridge near Vybor.. Some say a great evil inhabbits that ditch.

I found that heading inland quickly is best. Get away from the coast where it's basically a kill zone. Next find a quiet town and learn to avoid Zombies. You get the hang of it quickly. Run through the town and then lose them in bushes. If they can't see or hear you they won't follow. USE A MAP ONLINE. Don't trust anyone at first, though sometimes you have to if they get the drop on you and you're unarmed. Also, do not underestimate the AXE as a weapon. Silent and if you're quiet - deadly.

Edited by bluelamb