Sign in to follow this  
Scopeshot

Fun part of being a hero

Played this game for a while now, used to be a bandit (not the camp on sniper hill bandit, the hold you up and steal your stuff, you move and you die bandit). Well a month or two ago I wanted a bit of a challenge and started working to the hero skin, started off at -175k humanity (I rarely had to kill my prey, just knock em out with a dmr). Well I took some time and worked as just the medic for my buddies who played and last week I finally reached the famed hero skin. I started out just running around helping players out, rarely holding anything better than a M16 if the need arises, giving players my food, transfusing them, mending bones. The basics of being a hero, well a couple hours ago I came across a bandit and I was stumped on what to do. Let him go or unload into him? Well I guess I should explain how it all went down

I was running through cherno, I had a AKM and a makirov, alice pack, almost full toolbelt (WHY DO YOU ELUDE ME GPS!!!) lots of food/drink/medical. I was checking out the hospital (I was down to 2 bloodbags). And I heard a player coughing, and I called out to the player In direct. We talked for a few minutes, I guess he had got the drop on me when I was running through the school house....damn been a while since someone got the better of me. I offered to give him some antibiotics and he accepted quickly, I also gave him some blood food and drink and the makirov and sent him on his way. He said thank you and ran off to the woods. His name was rainbowunicornmagiccandyfarts (Really dude?) Well I made my way to the church and was lucky and found a revolver inside. Right as I was about to step out the door I hear the terrifying crack of a M107....shit....

Rainbowunicornmagiccandyfarts was killed

...ugh....really

I take a look around and spot a camo guy climbing down the huge building in the center of town, with the binoculars I can see he has a very large barreled rifle slung over his shoulder (Coyote pack to....bastard) I start making my way closer to investigate. I caught sight of a player running ahead of me running to the same building and I tail him. A couple times a swear he spots me but from what I can tell he either didnt notice me or didnt care. As we got close to the tower I slow down and let him run ahead. He stops and some garbage in the middle of the road and aims at the tower....and crouches...looking at the tower....with a crossbow. I cant help but chuckle. Except for the fact that I catch sight of movement on the right side of my screen and I turn and look and its the camo guy. Close enough to see that indeed he had a m107, Not jumping to conclusions I sit and watch. He manages to creep up behind the player (using the shuffle trick to avoid making noise) and puts a bear trap behind the player and backs off. Once again a Laugh, we sit there for a few minutes and the bambi crossbow back right onto the trap

Crunch

Direct chat: Oh shit please dont shoot!

Hehe first time meeting the bear trap huh? Well the camo'd player walks up to the bambi and starts to heal him so I begin to think all is ok and get ready to leave. The camo guy says that the player had to drop all is stuff on the ground or he would get no morphine and he will leave him there to die. Guess I better hang around, the bandit (camo) switches his m107 out for a m249 out and aims it at the player.

Guess its time to step in

I aim the akm

pull the trigger

direct chat (bambi) HOLY SHIT!!

I run up and tell the bambi I am friendly and I was just stopping the other guy from killing him. I gave him morphine, I told the player I was taking the coyote pack of the guy and He could have everything else, He said great thanks! I take It and begin to walk away and say goodbye,

Direct chat (Bambi voice): Wait one more thing

40 m249 shots atleast

Scopeshot was killed

damn....

Well that was my lovely Dayz experince, The hero game is fun, challenging, and cruel. Hope you all enjoyed my story. Time to go give some more beans to some fresh spawn.

The one nice thing about being a hero.....Killing bandits :P You get to kill players without people raging :D

• Like 11

Great story. You get beans simply for being a proper bandit when you were one. (I'm not a bandit btw).

Good stuff.

Haha, good story. Wasn't expecting that...

Off-topic - Pyro, isn't the quote in your sig by Jesse Jackson? xD

For me,being a hero is hardcore mode of dayz ^^

Bandit is easy mode hehehhehe

Haha, good story. Wasn't expecting that...

Off-topic - Pyro, isn't the quote in your sig by Jesse Jackson? xD

Thanks, yeah I've really enjoyed they hero aspect. I've played both hero and bandit, and I honestly think both can be really hard sometimes. But hero can be the most anoying hehe.....fuckin bambi back stabbers lol