Sign in to follow this  
mariokartjkl

Chernarus vs Taviana

okay guys i always play on chernarus since i bought arma 2 3 month ago,yesterday i tried taviana because the new mod day z origins went out,and i like it so much

I play on the server dayzme.nl,this server is great but i have noticed that in chernarus there are a few place where there are military loot,if u see the 2 map compared at the site dayzbdmap etc..

you see that in chernarus the cities are very far each other and to find a good weapon (i've never found a sniper rifle in chernarus) you have to go to airport only. the best server are on chernarus but im asking u why this map is so great ? it is that im newbie or what ?

sry for my eng

I don't think you can judge a map on whether or not you can find a sniper quickly.

I personally think that it fits the 'zombie apocalypse' theme a lot more. It's not colourful really, there are a lot of thick forest to hide in as well. Not to mention it is the official dayz map, as in the official hive is hosted for chernarus only, and it is the only map edited by rocket for dayz use. Every other map has been community edited and hosted.

The map was also obviously made by BIS for Arma 2 by professionals who are employed to make maps, where as taviana and every other user made map is just made by keen community members with spare time.

idk if i go to cherno or electro im died so i have to go to north but before that i can find a good city with someting useful i have to spend 2,3 hours i think that there are only few place with very good loots