Sign in to follow this  
zyromkiru

Timer for quit

Okay this has gone way to far by now. These nubs not wanting their imaginary KDR to be ruined get in a fight and when they are about to die they just log out after they steal your stuff.

(bare with me i know this takes coding BUT it's NEEDED)

Fix: If a player gets shot OR shoots then they should have a 10-30 second wait time before they can log out.

(even make the player faint when they try and d/c if that's what is needed, whatever works)

I don't care if I die or not but when I spend a long time gathering things and having a good time or when my friends do the same and some player lacking skill comes over and loots/kills someone and then logs out.... that's just ridiculous and not fun at all. This is just as bad as using Cheats or Spawn killing defenseless players.

The fix is a VERY affective method I have seen used in games before.

Rocket should incorporate some MMO mechanics here. In good ol' EverQuest you had to wait 30 seconds while sitting in order to log out. Any aggression would cancel the logout. A similar feature could maybe be implemented into DayZ one day.

Its been tried? Great hopefully they iron the bugs out. Being unable to abort a bad decision or an unwanted situation will make things more tense. I've done it in the past its a cheaters way out.