Sign in to follow this  
nidza

Never leave cherno what's the point?

So what's the point of roaming outside of cherno when you can run into a building and exit the backdoor and shake all the zombies off and just sprint around like you own the place

Personally I think we should run faster than the zombies so we can run away into a forest and not try to glitch them around trees...

The point is that Cherno is a shithole, you will get killed incessantly and only low tier items spawn in Cherno. Try finding a DMR in Cherno. Or NVGs. Or a GPS. Or anything good.

i avoid cherno and elektro, im friendly... nothing worse then meeting some one who don't shoot u at first but waits till your back is turned and shoots u in the back of the head happen to me all the time in those places...

gets annoying when your char is experienced and u have decent items and weopons in your inventory...

i think as a future improvement a flag system should be introduced where players have to submit to being friendly, this way if they betray you they get penilized in some way

Because it's a magnet for well-armed griefers who enjoy killing other players for fun. If you're going to stay there for a long time, I suggest only moving about at night.

Because it's a magnet for well-armed griefers who enjoy killing other players for fun. If you're going to stay there for a long time' date=' I suggest only moving about at night.

[/quote']

move at night, even better. you cant see anything without a flare or a flashlight now. i got 4 murders last night in elektro, the city was like a disco :P

Because it's a magnet for well-armed griefers who enjoy killing other players for fun. If you're going to stay there for a long time' date=' I suggest only moving about at night.

[/quote']

"Griefers." Interesting, as I thought this was a post-apocalyptic themed mod for a war game. The thought-premise behind this isn't to facilitate a happy time fun time "let's all play together and kill the zombies!" attitude. It's SURVIVAL. Look at our thread titles, "survivor." Human beings, or any living beings for that matter, will do ANYTHING to survive.

If roaming into town with an assault rifle and mowing people down and raiding them of everything they have earned helps you survive, then so be it. I suggest Maple Story as an excellent, non-PvP alternative.

This post was not aggressively directed at you personally, but rather used as a vantage point to address the issue of pussy players and let people just enjoy the game how they want to. Someone above suggested people need to FLAG for PVP in a SURVIVAL game. That is absurd. So they suggest everyone bands up together and saves up shit and kills zombies? Yeah, that's tough, that will be real tough.

The point is that Cherno is a shithole' date=' you will get killed incessantly and only low tier items spawn in Cherno. Try finding a DMR in Cherno. Or NVGs. Or a GPS. Or anything good.

[/quote']

DMRs do spawn in Cherno. The firehouse and military tents have the ability to spawn it. For that matter I think GPS spawns in them too, but I'm not entirely sure.

Cherno & Elektro are and where always Bandit Territority. If you want to go there for massive stashes of loot and equipment, prepare to get shot if you're not smart enough. Its risk vs. reward.

The point is that Cherno is a shithole' date=' you will get killed incessantly and only low tier items spawn in Cherno. Try finding a DMR in Cherno. Or NVGs. Or a GPS. Or anything good.

[/quote']

whats the point of high tier gear if it all kills zombies and player equally fast?

" i got 4 murders last night in elektro' date='"

Oh god. I think that sums up the problem pretty well.

[/quote']

I don't get it. Sarcasm fail

There should be a special server where there's only Cherno and/or Elektro available. So people can shoot at each other freely while letting other people trying to survive in the wilderness.

I believe GoblinShark sums the points up very well. Post-Apocalyptic zombie world does not mean everyone is going to suddenly ban together as the last of the human race and live and prosper.

Resources are limited (granted this is a PC mod for a game...therefore there is respawn of loot), conditions are harsh, there are infested in the streets, and if I have enough rations for myself...you can bet that I am not going to share it with some random stranger I meet.

Sure...if I see someone in the distance I might watch them for a while...following them to feel out their intentions. As long as I keep distance, I can observe the person carefully...trying to figure out if they mean harm to me or not. But if I am in the firestation and suddenly you open the door with weapon in hand...you can bet I will fire first if given the chance. I would take the same approach IRL...shoot first, ask questions later.

This "game" as it stands is supposed to be a mod of a military simulator. I treat each life as my own, making decisions that reflect my instinct for survival if this were real. That's how I choose to survive. As GoblinShark said...if someone wants to survive by the means of "kill or be killed," so be it...you got in their way and you were the weaker link. In a world with no rules to govern the way people act...people are driven to their most primal instincts to survive.

Basically, find a way to adapt..."fight or flight,"...and survive...or...die :)

All you need to survive is food, water, and a house to hide in.

So what's the point of roaming outside of cherno when you can run into a building and exit the backdoor and shake all the zombies off and just sprint around like you own the place

Personally I think we should run faster than the zombies so we can run away into a forest and not try to glitch them around trees...

Because "large" cities are quite boring to visit, I personally prefer the wilderness and small towns, even if there is nothing to loot.

[/quote']

"Griefers." Interesting, as I thought this was a post-apocalyptic themed mod for a war game. The thought-premise behind this isn't to facilitate a happy time fun time "let's all play together and kill the zombies!" attitude. It's SURVIVAL. Look at our thread titles, "survivor." Human beings, or any living beings for that matter, will do ANYTHING to survive.

If roaming into town with an assault rifle and mowing people down and raiding them of everything they have earned helps you survive, then so be it. I suggest Maple Story as an excellent, non-PvP alternative.

This post was not aggressively directed at you personally, but rather used as a vantage point to address the issue of pussy players and let people just enjoy the game how they want to. Someone above suggested people need to FLAG for PVP in a SURVIVAL game. That is absurd. So they suggest everyone bands up together and saves up shit and kills zombies? Yeah, that's tough, that will be real tough.

Point = missed.

I used the term 'griefers' because the kind of players who camp a safe distance outside a town and snipe newly-spawned players without even bothering to loot their bodies are not doing it for survival, they're doing it for sport.

My post doesn't judge that play-style in any way (it's a sandbox after all), but if pk'ing purely for fun in a survival game isn't 'griefing', then I don't know what is.

IRL such psychopathically deranged people would (thankfully) be in the extreme minority, but as this is a computer game they are over-represented and are drawn like moths to the big cities to find their quarry. The OP wants a reason to leave Cherno = well a very good one is griefers.

"I don't get it. Sarcasm fail"

I think its clear you don't get it from your first post. The fail isn't on my end.

Yeah, i mentioned elektro in a cherno thread. Fail, right? -.-

[/quote']

Point = missed.

I used the term 'griefers' because the kind of players who camp a safe distance outside a town and snipe newly-spawned players without even bothering to loot their bodies are not doing it for survival, they're doing it for sport.

My post doesn't judge that play-style in any way (it's a sandbox after all), but if pk'ing purely for fun in a survival game isn't 'griefing', then I don't know what is.

IRL such psychopathically deranged people would (thankfully) be in the extreme minority, but as this is a computer game they are over-represented and are drawn like moths to the big cities to find their quarry. The OP wants a reason to leave Cherno = well a very good one is griefers.

There is no such thing as Griefers in this game but there are definitely carebears like yourself. wah wah wah hold my hand i need to be babyed. wah wah wah i dont want to lose my characters items. wah wah wah i cant pve in peace.

without that danger of player killers this game gets stale. learn to move about cherno & electro from cover to cover. Get what you need from the city and get out. Cherno / electro are not safe places. and just for the record most of the bandits that kill me when im there usually do it from close range.

Because it's a magnet for well-armed griefers who enjoy killing other players for fun.

I would not go to Cherno to grief others, way to hot place if you're well equipped. Hide in a forest with a barn in view and wait, much more fun and less risky.

There is no such thing as Griefers in this game but there are definitely carebears like yourself. wah wah wah hold my hand i need to be babyed. wah wah wah i dont want to lose my characters items. wah wah wah i cant pve in peace.

without that danger of player killers this game gets stale. learn to move about cherno & electro from cover to cover. Get what you need from the city and get out. Cherno / electro are not safe places. and just for the record most of the bandits that kill me when im there usually do it from close range.

You missed his point and you, dear sir, are rude and ignorant.

0/10 troll attempt.