Sign in to follow this  
DangerosoDavo

Hands up if the game is too Easy.

The zombie behaviour in 1.7.1 was way unrealistic and buggy, why'd you want that?

Ideally for me the zombie behaviour should be like this:

-Zombies should not be able to spawn within about 200 hundred meters of players. This would make it possible to clear out towns and parts of cities and hold them as a sort of base and safe zone for fellow survivors.

-Zombies should also spawn in longer intervals, say every 20 mins. A player could come across a town empty of zombies which would notify them of the risk that there could be other players nearby

-Zombies should run in roughly straight lines towards you, not zig-zag all over the place like Usain Bolt after one to many espressos and a few snorts of cocaine (or at least slow down slightly when they get into zig-zagging distance of you)

To make up for these changes which you could argue make zombies less dangerous I reckon zombies should be made much more unpredictable as a threat

-There should be roaming hordes of zombies, say 15-35 of them in size, that travel randomly across the map. This would make zombies a threat out in the wilderness as well as in the predetermined spawn areas

-Some zombies should be stealthy. Zombies that are quiet and stick to corners, alleys, doorways, ect. that a player could run into without seeing or hearing them first

-Also zombies that can play dead. Some should spawn as what appear to be corpses, but jump up and attack any player that comes close. Zombies should have a chance of appearing to die when they get to a low amount of health, but like above, jump up when a player comes near. This would make players much more cautious of corpses, worrying if they're dead or not

-Zombies should be more lethal when they actually reach you. Maybe they could have attacks that knock you down onto the floor, and it takes a short amount of time to get back up

Yet more proof that the "hardcore" players have no idea.

Somehow having no food, no drink, no bandages (a bug prevents them from spawning) and no gun or ammo is too easy.

Being in such a situation, I find actually being able to get away from zombies quite a relief. It's pretty much the only thing that makes living possible at all.

The zombie behaviour in 1.7.1 was way unrealistic and buggy' date=' why'd you want that?

[/quote']

After reading your post i would like to reply as such, you have some nice ideas for extending zed mechanic and making things harder and more fun, however i do not agree with your initial points, not everyone has to agree but i would say those changes would be pretty bad. in that it would make the game even easier. Having 1.7.1 Zeds/detection and those extra ideas would make the game even better imho.

I like the above minus getting punked by a zombie... I don't like the idea of 1 hit from a zed knocking me down for a few seconds. Getting hit in the face is no biggie for me. Some undead weak creature hitting me is not going to punk me.

Somehow having no food' date=' no drink, no bandages (a bug prevents them from spawning) and no gun or ammo is too easy.

Being in such a situation, I find actually being able to get away from zombies quite a relief. It's pretty much the only thing that makes living possible at all.

[/quote']

no idea? I do not understand your logic, a bug that prevents spawning only happened in 1.7.1.1, 1.7.1 didn't have this issue, i personally found 4 water bottles and filled my alice pack with soda and beans within 10 mins.

Having no food/drink/weapon at spawn isn't the reason its to easy, finding weapons/food/drink is very easy and its compounded and made too easy when zeds are a joke and don't offer any real threat simply because running around a fence means they cant follow you anymore.

Why I think the game is becomming to easy:

* killing someone is too easy without consequences in comparison to the risk of communication or get in contact with other players to team up. Bandit gameplay in general is more easy in my eyes.

* Loot maps, fixed looting points takes away the exploring...which is actually one of the major

strengths of this game...too easy.

* spawn camping for loot ...too easy

* quitting the game or loggin off and on for kills or to avoid fights....too easy.

The mentioned points are not only too easy, they are actually gamebraking in my opinion.

Somehow having no food' date=' no drink, no bandages (a bug prevents them from spawning) and no gun or ammo is too easy.

[/quote']

Yes it difficult to being with, but its not like you never find a gun, there extremely common. You seem to be focusing on the first 10-20 minutes of the game while ignoring the bigger picture.

This is not proof that 'hardcore' players have no idea,. your simply focusing on the first few minutes of the game without considering the vast amount of time people spend with guns and supplies, which is longer than the time spent from spawning in, until supplied with weapons and such.

Why I think the game is becomming to easy:

* killing someone is too easy without consequences in comparison to the risk of communication or get in contact with other players to team up. Bandit gameplay in general is more easy in my eyes.

* Loot maps' date=' fixed looting points takes away the exploring...which is actually one of the major

strengths of this game...too easy.

* spawn camping for loot ...too easy

* quitting the game or loggin off and on for kills or to avoid fights....too easy.

The mentioned points are not only too easy, they are actually gamebraking in my opinion.

[/quote']

+1 except the initial point. At least now you have a heartbeat sound.

Make Zombies slow and one shot you to the ground

1 hit = incap'd

2 hit = 500 blood

3 hit = dead

your an idiot

zombies are powerful in numbers they aren't fucking hulks...seriously all these people playing zombie games and not even knowing how zombies work.

[/quote']

Yes it difficult to being with, but its not like you never find a gun, there extremely common. You seem to be focusing on the first 10-20 minutes of the game while ignoring the bigger picture.

This is not proof that 'hardcore' players have no idea,. your simply focusing on the first few minutes of the game without considering the vast amount of time people spend with guns and supplies, which is longer than the time spent from spawning in, until supplied with weapons and such.

Hiding is a must in a zombie SURVIVAL game/mod i don't know about every single other person on these forums whining about the new patch but last time a checked in most SURVIVAL games you have to RUN and HIDE...this game is getting better

The only problem is since this new addition is quite a game changer it just needs to balanced out (LOS needs tweaked so zombies INVESTIGATE last known position, also if they gave zombies increased speed in buildings it would help fix being able to lose them so quickly and also stop giving the impression that buildings=super safe they need to be viewed as helpful but not a safe zone. For example if you have 10 plus zombies on you running in a small building will just be a death trap since they would close in faster than you could shoot)...give it time so many people are impatient and feel entitled to what they want when they want it...god forbid you don't get exactly what they want in the form they expected...