Sign in to follow this  
DangerosoDavo

Hands up if the game is too Easy.

Okay Guys, theres many threads about the game beings to hard/unplayable but tbh this game is a joke, you can escape zombies really easy, guns are everywhere, getting new clothes/tools is very easy also. The game is too easy.

When 1.7.1 was released i died alot and then adapted and the game was not only better for it but it was intense and zeds were a real problem. Starting with nothing was balanced with being able to lose zombies but now zeds are ridiculously easy to avoid and even if you get the odd zed aggro you can lose him within 30 seconds.

Please revert to 1.7.1 for Zed aggro.

But thats not what this thread it about its kinda generic, the above is simply and example of how to make the game correctly and hard. I really enjoyed it but now the game isn't as fun.

Did they severely nerf the Zed aggro? I was enjoying really having to be sneaky... is that not necessary anymore?

Yesterday I got away from like 15 aggroed' zeds by just running into the forrest.. wth? I should have been eaten alive!

I totally agree that infected behaviour since the latest patch, 1.7.1, is laughable. I can openly sprint across the map and quickly lose all zombie aggro.

The 'fear' element of Z's is probably the main unique thing about this mod in my opinion, and it was initially characterized by being hard to stay alive!

Weirdly since the 1.7.1 release I can't seem to find food or drink anywhere! (even empty canteens) Now I'm dying of thirst everytime, the Z's are irrelevant.

Hope they sort this out quickly and return DayZ to its amazing former glory. I applaud all the other updates, it just needs for Z's to be way less easy to shake off, like they were before, and just the occasional water canteen / soda can would enable me to survive longer than the current 30 minutes or so. As for food I can just cook animals, but water, there is no way to drink without a vessel.

Fingers crossed!

i find the zombies in Chernarus Apoc more scary as they actually suprise you and the noises alone scare the shit out of me

You blokes need to start fresh without a pistol, it is hardmode.

I've been playing for 3 weeks prior to this latest release and the zeds are capable of seeing through walls and hitting from a house away, which almost 9 times out of 10 incurs bleeding.

It's a bit OP at the moment and as I stated in rockets idea about starting without a pistol, the stealth system needs to be implemented and worked BEFORE the starter pistol goes.

I knew this would happen if the stealth system wasnt working, which is isnt. Zeds will only lose sight of me after I've run into a building or around a few then into a building. One has to run, because if you crouch run, bang bleeding, and you have precious little time to stop it.

I'm sitting on 4k blood after 10 minutes of sneaking, and I wasn't taking any risks. The crouching system has a pip more sight for zeds, but no noise. Crouching has a pip sight when it had none previously.

All the times ive managed to aggro have been through a wall for some reason, no noise or any indication that the zed was there, just a single zed bolting around the corner at me!

Needs some refinement, and until the stealth is worked properly, please bring back the pistol for now rocket.

Make Zombies slow and one shot you to the ground

1 hit = incap'd

2 hit = 500 blood

3 hit = dead

You blokes need to start fresh without a pistol' date=' it is hardmode.

[/quote']

I did, i died 3-5 times before getting used to the new/now old mechanic. It was frustrating at the start but once you learn how to shake aggro it was possible to stand up run THROUGH cherno and come out without any aggro at all (at the point of leaving). I did it multiple times. Cherno factory is the easiest place to lose zeds. Run though one building turn right then left around the next fence and they are dumbfounded and cant find you.

Remove pain killers and flashlight, only start with bandage!

I find it hard in that water/food is tough now lol and easy because Z's are useless and easily avoided/lost.

the sounds seem to be dumbed down for me, i can barely hear them anymore.

The game is overly difficult if you don't understand how to abuse the current mechanics of the game, but once you do it becomes insanely easy. There's nothing challenging about abusing poor LOS mechanics to perform an insta escape while getting free reign to loot literally every building in the game while only having to worry about other players/potential bandits.

To clarify my earlier entry above, the game is now too difficult for the wrong reason in my opinion.

I just scoured every enterable building (as shown on the Maxander map) in Cherno and Balota (town, port and airfield) on a server with 18 other people. There was not ONE item of food or drink (nor any empty canteens) at any of the spawn locations. I did however find 5 x watches, 2 x compass, 3 x matches, 4 x hunting knives. But have now had to log out to avoid dying of thirst (again).

There seems something wrong with the loot spawns, I pray they fix this quickly. :(

Okay Guys' date=' theres many threads about the game beings to hard/unplayable but tbh this game is a joke, you can escape zombies really easy, guns are everywhere, getting new clothes/tools is very easy also. The game is too easy.

When 1.7.1 was released i died alot and then adapted and the game was not only better for it but it was intense and zeds were a real problem. Starting with nothing was balanced with being able to lose zombies but now zeds are ridiculously easy to avoid and even if you get the odd zed aggro you can lose him within 30 seconds.

Please revert to 1.7.1 for Zed aggro.

But thats not what this thread it about its kinda generic, the above is simply and example of how to make the game correctly and hard. I really enjoyed it but now the game isn't as fun.

[/quote']

+1, i 100% agree

I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again: guns should be much rarer, and ammo somewhat less common.

Guns will be the first thing everyone grabs in this scenario, but ammo is heavy and may be left behind. Therefore, you should have to look three times harder to find a gun than you would for ammo.

Yes extremely easy. Sure it took me a few attempts when aggro was high. But that was when I actually tried to sneak passed them in first person. Hiding has nerfed Z's into the ground. Remove hiding. Just think of them finding you where ever you are as their sense of smell. Loot has been fucked up for awhile now. When it becomes more reliable though. Some thing's should be reduced.

I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again: guns should be much rarer' date=' and ammo somewhat less common.

Guns will be the first thing everyone grabs in this scenario, but ammo is heavy and may be left behind. Therefore, you should have to look three times harder to find a gun than you would for ammo.

[/quote']

+1

fuck yea it's too easy!

i still have all my hair and nails every time i log off....lame!

i want my computer to singe my friken eyebrows everytime i miss a shot!

i want my mouse to electrify my every time i am spotted in the game!

i want my chair to eject me 20 feet in the air every time i even think about screwing up!

this easy carebear stuff is so boring....

....lolz.

fuck yea it's too easy!

i want my chair to eject me 20 feet in the air every time i even think about screwing up!

....lolz.

So rather than have a debate or put why you think 'x' mechanic its better than 'z' mechanic, You type some mellow-dramatic dribble that's totally irrelevant.

did the OP say he wants there to be an actual physical effect from playing the game? i don't think so. What are you trying to say here while trying to be humorous? because your failing at both.

fuck yea it's too easy!

....lolz.

So rather than have a debate or put why you think 'x' mechanic its better than 'z' mechanic' date=' put type some mellow-dramatic dribble that's totally irrelevant.

did the OP say he wants there to be an actual physical effect from playing the game? i don't think so. What are you trying to say here while trying to be humorous? because your failing at both.

[/quote']

ouch man!....that really hurt. is that what you are trying to do here? hurt me? why u so violent man?

fuck yea it's too easy!

....lolz.

So rather than have a debate or put why you think 'x' mechanic its better than 'z' mechanic' date=' put type some mellow-dramatic dribble that's totally irrelevant.

[/quote']

ouch man!....that really hurt. is that what you are trying to do here? hurt me? why u so violent man?

I'm sorry i still have no idea what point, if there is one, you're trying to make.

I'll just assume you agree with the OP, as do i

I said it a long time ago and I'll say it again: guns should be much rarer' date=' and ammo somewhat less common.

[/quote']

The problem with this - is there is no alternative to killing zombies. There is no knife/melee/sword weapon to replace guns/ammo. IF you can't kill walkers - then what is the point?

[/quote']

The problem with this - is there is no alternative to killing zombies. There is no knife/melee/sword weapon to replace guns/ammo. IF you can't kill walkers - then what is the point?

The alternative is to break LOS and escape, which is very easy to do i might add.

I'm a big fan of making zeds aggro easier and no ability to lose them unless they lose line of sight on you by dodging them through multiple buildings.

I wish they would just run in a straight line as zombies I think would run straight at a victim rather then try and outsmart them by going an alternative route.

That's just me.

I wish they would have animals in the game that attack you though that were Zed animals. OR simply animals that are natural predators.

I definitely think this game is too easy in the sense that I can crawl through a city and gear up - however, I hate crawling through a doorway to break my legs... That shit pisses me off. That and setting up a tent to kill myself.

Just dumb.

Take away starting pistol if we have a melee weapon instead. I think screwing a new player to be killed by bandits out the gate is a bad move and may hurt the games new players while rewarding old ones.

If we are trying to get a larger following/population for the game - punishing any type of player is just a bad game design decision.

Cheers,

XxX Post XxX