Sign in to follow this  
Jockeez

DayZ Performance - Are they fixing this in the standalone?

Well hello there, is it just me or does the arma 2 engine perform utterly bad? i'm quite tired of having an ok pc with such low framerates, and honestly if i lower the graphics to the lowest or having them to the max it wont change my fps, i'm getting roughly 40 fps outside citys and 20-ish inside.

My Specs:

EVGA GTX 670 FTW

I5 3570k Overclocked to 4.2 ghz

8 gig ram

i've also heard that if i get an ssd it will fix my issues, is this correct?

I've also heard that they're going to fix this in the standalone is this correct? ;)

I get 60-80 fps outside cities and 40-50 fps inside cities with my MSI GTX 660 Ti PE.

I also got the I5 3570k, but overclocked it to 4.8GHz. I don't notice any difference if I leave it at stock 3.4 - 3.8GHz.

Try to set HDR quality to normal (huge performance increase for me), anti aliasing to normal (higher than this just decreases my fps and doesn't really look better) and postprocess effect disabled (high will make it harder for you to see people, and increases formance). All other settings can be set on very high!

You should be getting WAY more than that.

My specs are, AMD Phenom II x4 850 on 3,3Ghz, a GTS450, and 8 gigs, and i'm getting about the same FPS

as you. Are you running other programs when playing dayz?

EDIT: I play with AA off btw. and most settings on high.

Edited by JohnnyColt

I play on total max with a 7850 @ 1000/1400 and a i5 2500k @4.4GHZ, even anti aliasing :P

I believe it'd be server wise, like other people say, turn HDR to normal, shadows off, anti aliasing @ normal or even disabled, post processing off, FXAA off, antisotropic filtering off and everything else is good to go to the max.

I find it can vary from server to server, I have a GTX 560ti 448 and a i5 3450 and get solid 60 fps with v sync on out in the wilds, dropping to around 25 in Cherno. However on some its far worse dipping as low as 10 so I avoid them like the plague.

On our server at present its pretty smooth, with most things set to high, AA off, HDR normal, post processing off and i'm finding it doesn't drop below 25. :)

They are right, your pc specs are fine, its probably the server. Most servers are very good at restarting so they don't lag, make sure to join a server that constantly resets to prevent in game lag.

Thats the thing tho, i've tried a bunch! of diffrent servers and i'm getting max like 40-50 fps.

If anyone more skilled on googling, then i would be so thankful if you found an option..

Also i'm gonna show u my harddrive speed since ive heard this can affect the game by alot.

- I think i found the problem.

And that is that its my C drive, being so slow.

Its currently at 25mb/s wich is beyond slow xD

Yeah, that would be your problem then, lol. Consider investing in an SSD, it will make a big difference for you.

• Like 1

Had to give you my beans, since ur the bean king apparently...

But yeah, i am.. do u know any good ones? Pref pretty cheap and doesent need to have more then 100gig-ish.

Since i'm only going to run dayz and some other games on it.

These are great and not horribly expensive...

http://www.amazon.co...59366895&sr=8-2

£75 and 120Gb. They're also bloody fast! The crafty Koreans know how to put an SSD together.

Edited by mZLY

I get 60-80 fps outside cities and 40-50 fps inside cities with my MSI GTX 660 Ti PE.

I also got the I5 3570k, but overclocked it to 4.8GHz. I don't notice any difference if I leave it at stock 3.4 - 3.8GHz.

Try to set HDR quality to normal (huge performance increase for me), anti aliasing to normal (higher than this just decreases my fps and doesn't really look better) and postprocess effect disabled (high will make it harder for you to see people, and increases formance). All other settings can be set on very high!

I've got pretty much everything on low exept for the 3d resolution which is at 200% - found the problem and that was my harddrive.