Sign in to follow this  
Nugo

Day Z - Top 10 plays submission thread

Top 10 Plays submission thread

Hello so I have had this idea on my mind for quite sometime. I want to create a weekly segment of the top 10 "Plays" in Day Z. I have had quite a lot of experience editing videos from my CSS background so why not put the skills to use. The first video will be released when enough submissions have been received and the series will have a new release once a week. All videos will be judged by me and my clan. It really would make my day if people got behind this, i think it can be something quite big.

What do I consider a good play?

To me a good "play" is anything with a wow factor to it, generally its always going to be some sort of insane kill/kills but it can be anything. EG: Double back flipping a quad, crashing a chopper into another chopper. Be creative, ill accept most things.

What do I need to do to be considered?

Below is a list of criteria that need to be met to even be considered.

- The video can be no longer then 1 minute and 30 seconds.

- The video needs to be RAW un edited footage recorded with either fraps, dxtroy, bandit cam and other similar recording programs.

- The video can not include any sort of hacks, bug abuse or illegal activities.

- The video can have recordings of team speak/Other voice recording programs accompanying it.

- The video submission ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE a brief description of what happens in the video, this is for a better and more efficient filtering process.

- The video must be compressed into a zip/rar etc file and uploaded to a know file sharing website. Mediafire, rapidshare etc etc

- The video will only be accepted if it is sent to my YOUTUBE ACCOUNTS INBOX (http://www.youtube.c...1?feature=mhee0) OR sent to me in a private message on this website.

- The video has to be good quality, preferably recorded at 40fps and higher.

More things may be added/edited as time goes on, after all it will be a learning process for me to.

Below is an template of a submission

Name:

Link

Description

Day Z map

clip lenth

video recording program used

EXAMPLE

Name: Nugo

Link: www.rapidshare.com/randomvideoX

Day z map: Chernarus

Description: Car drove over the hill with 5 people in it, I shot the driver out then shot all the 4 passengers.

Clip Length: 1 Minute 11 seconds

Video recording program use: Fraps

Edited by Nugo
  • Like 2

If you haven't already, try using dayz reddit page, you will notice that you will get a lot more submissions if you do.

If you haven't already, try using dayz reddit page, you will notice that you will get a lot more submissions if you do.

Yea i have

Have you had any submissions yet?

Wondering if I should render some clips I've got.

Yeap had a few, i need to get a few weeks worth of clips together before anything happens, i have another person helping me out to with clip submissions so if all goes well something should be up in the near future.

Updated OP with a video template

360 no scope, ladder stall, wall bang triple headshot + 1.

i can see it now

#1play - as50 shot from 1000m

#2 play - as50 shot from 900m

#3 play - as50 shot from 800m

etc.

Well I thought that it's an awesome idea.

Yep, it is.