Sign in to follow this  
evillord77

Stuttering/Freezing.

Hello, Recently I got a new SSD, I installed ARMA 2, OA and Dayz, when I try to play, I get a good framerate, but the game freezes every second for 2 seconds then good FPS then freeze. I have a decent PC, and I even get this issue in the menus. I have tried many things, including reinstalling the game, trying without Dayz, reinstalling the game and not installing Dayz, playing in safe mode, playing with ARMA beta patch, playing in compatibility mode with many OS, ending all processes I don't need, installing it on my HDD, etc etc. I don't know what to do, the game used to run fine about 3 months ago. Specs Below.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

- Evillord77

AMD Phenom II 1055T (tried at default clock of 2.8GHz and OC at 3.5 and 4)

12GB 1333MHz Ram

Asus M4A89GTD-Pro/USB3

Crucial M4 512GB SSD

WD 2TB

WD 1TB

AMD Sapphire 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition

Windows 8 Pro 64Bit

Edited by evillord77

Hello, Recently I got a new SSD, I installed ARMA 2, OA and Dayz, when I try to play, I get a good framerate, but the game freezes every second for 2 seconds then good FPS then freeze. I have a decent PC, and I even get this issue in the menus. I have tried many things, including reinstalling the game, trying without Dayz, reinstalling the game and not installing Dayz, playing in safe mode, playing with ARMA beta patch, playing in compatibility mode with many OS, ending all processes I don't need, installing it on my HDD, etc etc. I don't know what to do, the game used to run fine about 3 months ago. Specs Below.

I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks

- Evillord77

AMD Phenom II 1055T (tried at default clock of 2.8GHz and OC at 3.5 and 4)

12GB 1333MHz Ram

Asus M4A89GTD-Pro/USB3

Crucial M4 512GB SSD

WD 2TB

WD 1TB

AMD Sapphire 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition

Windows 8 Pro 64Bit

I had the same probleme too for 1st time launch with the game since i got windows 8 so its probably windows 8 problem it got quite a lot of issues with some games...

Edited by the_french_guy

I had the same probleme too for 1st time launch with the game since i got windows 8 so its probably windows 8 problem it got quite a lot of issues with some games...

So you never got it working with Windows 8 then?

Have you tried the following start up parameters? :

-winxp, -maxMem=2047, -cpuCount=4 -exThreads= 7

These tweaks made a dramatic difference to my fps + stuttering on my intel 2.6 quad core and allowed me to even up the gfx quality with no performance hit

Have you tried the following start up parameters? :

-winxp, -maxMem=2047, -cpuCount=4 -exThreads= 7

These tweaks made a dramatic difference to my fps + stuttering on my intel 2.6 quad core and allowed me to even up the gfx quality with no performance hit

Thanks, it helped slightly, but adding -winxp -cpuCount4 -windowed fixed the problem, but how do I add this to Dayz Commander, if you know?

Edited by evillord77

Thanks, it helped slightly, but adding -winxp -cpuCount4 -windowed fixed the problem, but how do I add this to Dayz Commander, if you know?

If you go to settings there is a text box where you can put in the additional parameters, just put them in there like you would a desktop shortcut, save and your done :D

Dont forget to try exThreads = 7 if you have a quadcore aswell :)

Edited by Easy_Tiger