Brandonowns

Spawning in hilly area

Hey, so ever since the new patch I've been spawning in this hilly area that seems to go on for ever. Other players are spawning here to and its a blood bath so I've been staying off Dayz till I can find a resolution to this problem. I've updated my arma 2 OA to the beta patch and have the up to date files, Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong? :huh:

It seems to be random, and slightly dependent on the server. Typically I spawn along the coast, but my last spawn was in Elektro. Find a server that is Regular or Recruit, as well. This will result in newer players that will need to find weapons before the killing begins.

It seems to be random' date=' and slightly dependent on the server. Typically I spawn along the coast, but my last spawn was in Elektro. Find a server that is Regular or Recruit, as well. This will result in newer players that will need to find weapons before the killing begins.

[/quote']

I'm pretty sure I'm on a separate map? Something like the debug forest, I mean its literally just hills. Before this update I was inside a building in Mogilevka, I'm not exactly a rookie at this game I know what to do as I prefer expert :P

You spawned in the Debug Plains, you can attempt to run in the right direction for a while(Not sure which way), you will "Eventually" end up back in the map.

If you have good items it may be worth it to walk back, if not, just press escape and respawn.

This is a really annoying bug that rarely happens.

Possible locations you may spawn into as a bug are, The Debug Forest/Plains and The Ocean.

If "canada 2" is still up try the following:-

1. find server canada 2 (filter on "dayz - canada 2")

For some reason this gets you to the debug forest. Don't ask me how. EVEN if you get a client error ignore it.

2. Head EAST for 2KM. That's all.

3. Restart and connect to server of choice. You're back!

EDIT: brings you onto the map WEST of Zelenogorsk

i can confirm walking 2km east from the debug forest has worked.

Ocean fail spawn might be South of the coast. So you have to go north and then follow the shore line towards east. ( ocean on your right side )

empty debug hills seem to be on the very top left corner of the map.

Also I had the problem of character not being saved anymore and being reset to those hills atfer reconnect.

I spawned in the debug plains. And can confirm that the canada 2 works.

I've spawned in the Debug Forest and the Debug Hills (Or whatever it's actually called). Due to the AFK players and the massive amount of bodies then I've managed to find quite a few things I'd like to keep.

I've read that I can walk like 2km to the east to get back to the map but the thing is that when I log out/close the game or just re-spawn with "Abort/Connect" then I'm back at the Debug Forest, at the exact same spot I spawned on the first time. This also happens when I've spawned in the Debug Forest but without the loads of dead people.

I'm also playing with a friend who has the exact same problem and he is at the same place as I am, where I can hear him shooting and walking next to me while he's literally right next to me, but I can't see him and he cannot see me.

I don't feel like going 2km to the east just to get disconnected and then be forced to walk all the way back so I can get to the actual map.

+ My friend managed to spawn and respawn at the village a few times but there's no zombies at all.

Also noticed that my indicators, like the amount of sound I make, thirst, bleeding, etc isn't showing anything. I'm not making any sound nor am I visible, even though It's bright as hell outside. I can run forever and not get thirsty at all etc.. this just because of the Debug Plains or.... ?

Is there anything one can do to fix this without re-spawning and losing all my items?

Above sounds exactly whats happened to me. My character was outside of Green Mountain before the patch. Nothing I do is saved, so I respawn. Dumps me back where I logged in to begin with, with all my items. Change server, respawn, put on the Debug plains. No matter how many bullets and grenades I use, I respawn to find it all back again. No Debug Moniter, and no degrading health.

hello, sadly i consistently only spawn in the "debug plains/hills" and have no idea what todo. i was looking for the canada 2 server but cant find it. :(

Dudes, if you have no GUI, hear no sound and are invisible to other players it's because you are playing on a server with a different dayz version. That happened to me a lot when I got 1.7.1 and was playing on servers that were running 1.7.0 even though they said they were running 1.7.1. So just find another server.

Best regards.

Dudes' date=' if you have no GUI, hear no sound and are invisible to other players it's because you are playing on a server with a different dayz version. That happened to me a lot when I got 1.7.1 and was playing on servers that were running 1.7.0 even though they said they were running 1.7.1. So just find another server.

Best regards.

[/quote']

this seems true. i was thinking the six launcher would not send me to outdated (1.7.1 opposed to 1.7.1.1) servers but it did.

seems to be all good connecting only to 1.7.1.1 ... cheers

Im running through steam, and find the same thing happening to me. I had run fine before with 1.7.1 and didnt delete any of those files, but placed 1.7.1.1 in the same 'addons' folder.

I spawned in these debugged hills and ran SE and then East for a combined 1/2 hour. I dont seem to be getting anywhere.

Im running through steam' date=' and find the same thing happening to me. I had run fine before with 1.7.1 and didnt delete any of those files, but placed 1.7.1.1 in the same 'addons' folder.

I spawned in these debugged hills and ran SE and then East for a combined 1/2 hour. I dont seem to be getting anywhere.

[/quote']

are you 100% sure you are connecting to a 1.7.1.1 server? its good practise to filter the servers for 1.7.1.1

I tried to walk East for maybe 2 hours. Maybe 20.000 Km if not even 30... no, it does not take you to the "map"...

Thanks for all the replies, Ill try joining Canada 2 and heading 2 km east, And reinstalling all the files.

Debug zones are covered on this forum if you need advice mate.

I Looked all over the forum and Didn't find any threads relevant so I decided to make one. I didn't realize I was in a debug zone. (Thought there was only the forest)

Bump,

Nothing is working I've updated my game with six updater and gotten the beta patch, I'm still not sure why I'm still stuck here. I've tried running but it auto disconnects me when I get to far. What should I do..

Join Canada 2 server, I can confirm that this puts you in the 'Wilderness' which in this case is a big forest (Debug Forest, I assume) and from there you can - if you avoid the player killing that seems prevalent in this area - make it back to the map if you head East.