blitz

A closer look at Day Z stats

So looking over the stats on the home page of the Day Z website(Yes, it's late at night and I am bored) has left me wondering a few things.

Unique players 1,541,937

Zombies killed 2,147,483,647

If you look at the stat, you would think zombies are a real problem in this game.

Which means on average 1392,7 zombies killed per player, but I don't think I have killed more than 100 zombies total(give or take 10) and you know this is true for a lot of players. It is just far easier to hid in a bush and not waste ammo. So who are the players, that are going to town on them poor zombies. Are there really that many people that PvE in this game, which begs the question how many of you are Zombie hunters?

Heroic players 44,319

Bandits alive 173,690

Given that only 25.5% of players are hero's. Why do I so often see in side chat directly after someone being killed is "why did you kill me?" I know it could be put down to new players, but I so often see the same players asking the same "Why did you kill me" question. Given that on average most servers hold 50 players, statistics say 38 people on that server are going to kill you on sight. So how do you guys play, why do you play that way and do you ask the "Why did you kill me?" question.

Oh and what other stats would you like to see in this game?

To answer your first question, I think there are many private servers that do team up, scavenge after food and weapons then later just shoot the zombies for fun, to see how long they can survive

And second, so many douchebags in this game that do not take it seriously like a "zombie apocalypse" as this game is suppose to simulate, they just kill everyone they see (Which in real life will get you straight to hell and get karma against you). Which is also easier, you cannot trust anyone in this game whatsoever

Its not hard, I average around 1k a week. But I kill everything that moves =)

You find that some weapons might only agro a few that are very close to you, then others that you see keep walking, even though they are close by! But the Lee Enfield and FnFal seem to agro everything on the map!

I could definitely be considered a zombie hunter. I prefer killing them to trying to avoid them. It just works better for me that way. I carry a trusty hatchet to get the work done. Guns would attract too much attention.

As for the "why did you kill me?" question. This happens to me a lot. I'm friendly so if someone asks for help and I'm nearby I'll help. If they happen to kill me I wouldn't bother asking why. I know why. It doesn't stop me from trying to extend the hand of friendship. It just means my hand gets shot off a lot.

• Like 1

instead of being like everyone else and going to hunt players i just load my inventory full of ammo then go to the nearest town and hunt zombies.

i am also in that low 25.5% of heroic players.

Am i kool yet?

My crew plays on public hive servers (my character is on day 40 something [gaming rig died, waiting on new one]) and we play the whole "scavenging" bit. We try to setup "base camp" and then survive out of it. we try clearing out towns and gathering supplies and helping strangers.

We are a KoT (Kill on Threat) group.

ea2b0fc35a69cae9024d9b2811230466.jpg

Edited by Pyro_Marine

i talk to ppl through voip and they actually are freindly with me. But if they dont answer me i either avoid him and get killed by him later ot kill him ^^.