Sign in to follow this  
MysteriousSpoon

Rare spawns increased?

Okay, so today I was playing DayZ as usual enjoying the new patch. However I have either come across some extremely uncanny luck, or the spawn rates of rares have in-fact increased.

I was on one of the new 1.7.1.1 servers and I was newly spawned. I headed to Cherno because it was the nearest city to me. The first apartment I went in sported a ghillie suit, followed by that finding an AKS, AKM and M16 all in the same fire station.

It doesn't end there, I died later on and connected to a new server out of just pure mad. I spawned and headed to Cherno once again, met some very nice friendlies who were both geared up, one in a Ghillie and one in a Camo, you would think these highly geared players? No, one had a revolver and one had a Lee Enfiled and they seemed to be fairly new the way that they were acting.

However I moved on later into another fire station only to find what was the one and only M4A1 CCO. This blew my mind, it also came with 2 mags. After that I entered another small apartment building, inside was a Ghillie suit followed by a watch, a map, binoculars, matches and a knife. Then I shot the player outside and looted his blood bags and other useful stuff. (Sorry guy, better you than me.)

So guys, what do you think this comes down to? Increased spawn rates on rare-ish items or just pure luck?

I think that might be a result of recent server restarts due to the hotfix. Since the constant stream of players hadn't hit the good loot spots in coastal cities yet, there were quite a few good weapons still laying around.

I dunno about you but I think that watches are spawning like crazy. I found 4 watches in one building, ended up finding about 10 watches in 45mins

I think that might be a result of recent server restarts due to the hotfix. Since the constant stream of players hadn't hit the good loot spots in coastal cities yet' date=' there were quite a few good weapons still laying around.

[/quote']

I know what you're saying but items like the Ghillie and M4A1 CCO are very, very rare spawns (See loot cheat sheet.)

I dunno about you but I think that watches are spawning like crazy. I found 4 watches in one building' date=' ended up finding about 10 watches in 45mins

[/quote']

Yes, I have been seeing all sorts of equipment everywhere, but (not many maps) many watches and knifes, everywhere.

Spawns are bugged right now should be addressed today, i found like 3 alice packs in 1 supermarket.

So I'd advice grab what goodies you can right now (tools), then log off till hotfix is in place because right now, there is absolutely No Soda, or Food Spawning at all except on zombies.