Sign in to follow this  
unkillable94

My first banditry experience, everything went better than expected. (For a while at least)

So my clan is a small, military structured one. We specialize in tactical assassinations and traps for those who wrong us or the bambis of whatever server we are currently on. One night after everyone in our 8-man group had logged save for myself and my second in command, we decided to mix it up a little bit and see what banditry was like. We joined a new server, met up, and created a plan.

A guy was driving around Elektro in a military offroad. My buddy convinced him to give him a ride. The guy was talking about heading up to North East Airfield and kept mentioning he was in need of scrap metal. I mentioned in side chat that I had been killed about a kilometer outside NEAF and I knew where there was some scrap metal. My friend convinced him to pick me up as he went through Elektro, so I went to the church and waited. In the meantime, I went across the street to check the firestation, and as luck would have it I found a beautiful M16A2 and 3 Stanag mags. I returned to the church, and when I heard the distant engine I assumed the position. I lowered my weapon and saluted as the guy pulled up. I was told to get in, so I went around back and joined my friend on a bench in the back. For a while we switched between planning our betrayal in TeamSpeak to having a conversation with the guy in vehicle chat. He was nice enough, must have thought we were bambis because he explained every aspect of the game to us. Or he was a bambi himself and was eager to share his knowledge. Either way, it was pleasent to have a nice conversation with a random stranger who invited us for a ride in his offroad without meeting us prior. He even offered us backpacks and gear from his stash.

I almost felt bad about what we were about to do to this nice guy, but then I thought of the offroad and it's massive loot. The guy we were going to help further sweetened the deal by offering to let us keep his betty van. (We were taking a tire up to repair it) This determined the location of where we would perform our first act of banditry.

We basically had it figured out, when we arrived our driver would repair the wheel. I would excuse myself to grab a drink from the back of the truck and put a round from my M16 into his head as he was repairing the van. We continued our conversation the rest of the way, and it is true when they say that it is easier to kill someone you have only typed to, not talked with. We finally arrived and my friend and I disembarked. At this point the van was on the left of the offroad. My friend walked around the front right by the driver door and I crouched behind the vehicle. As our victim was kneeled down repairing, I leaned out, took aim, and BAM. One shot, one kill. This was a huge rush, I got in the driver seat and my buddy loaded into the van. By this point the whole server knew our clan tag and a hunt was mounted. Unfortunately, the van hit a rubble pile and exploded. My friend was knocked out and bleeding. I dragged him to safety, bandaged him and gave him a blood transfusion while side chat buzzed wih bounties being placed on our heads. We jumped in our newly aquired vehicle and headed into the woods.

We decided to go to North West, and headed off. Funny enough, we found a fully repaired and fueled Huey in a clearing. This is where the happy part of our story ends. Out of nowhere a helicopter appears and we hide. My friend is spotted in a bush and immediately takes fire, although the gunner is a horrible shot. Then, with no warning I take fire. No gunshots, just enough rounds to wound me. Keep in mind that we were both in heavy cover, and that we went straight north and then west, traveling at least 6-7 clicks through pure wilderness. This was no coincidence. After we die, someone accues us of hacking. The server admin steps up in our defense, saying that the server lag makes it appear that people teleport at times, and it ends there. We feel like celebrities, the whole server is talking about us. We spawn pretty far apart, and move to meet up again, but it isn't meant to be. Near Krutoy Cap my friend takes LMG fire from a lighthouse. Again the attacker has shit aim, putting it nicely. The server lags, and it appears that everyone teleports a few meters forward. More shots, and my friend gets banned. I ask what happened, and the same admin that came to our aid banned him for the very reason he stated proved we were not in fact hacking. I ask for proof, as basically what I was getting was "we have a hunch" and I wanted something like logs showing a script was used. I was banned too, for no reason other than posing a question to justify my friend's ban.

Funny enough, in the next server we ran into someone from the old one who confirms that the machine gunner on the lighthouse and one of the people in the heli was in fact that very admin. Figures, there was no way they could have magically found us and seen through our cover within a few seconds. Even funnier was that the server was apparently bandit-free, hence the extremely trusting behavior of the people there and the desire of the admin to be rid of us. We took those players' bandit virginity though, and they were exposed to the REAL DayZ in which any player could be plotting against you, and I regret nothing.

Tl;dr: Myself and a friend had an amazingly easy and rewarding first attempt at banditry, but it was ruined by abusive admins.

Side note: If you are an admin who does stuff like this or bans for no good reason, fuck you.

Edited by Mazon
  • Like 4

I was playing on a private hive server which a hacker managed to gain admin trust on, I had full kit and was ready to head north, and out of the blue a person in full soldier uniform appeared in-front of me and opened fire, not even giving me enough time to blink.

I asked the admin to look into it and he wasn't having any of it, he started flailing off his chops and abusing me asking for video proof, lucky enough I left my recorder on.

Not long after that I was banned for "causing a scene" and the actual hacker got away scott free.

I was playing on a private hive server which a hacker managed to gain admin trust on, I had full kit and was ready to head north, and out of the blue a person in full soldier uniform appeared in-front of me and opened fire, not even giving me enough time to blink.

I asked the admin to look into it and he wasn't having any of it, he started flailing off his chops and abusing me asking for video proof, lucky enough I left my recorder on.

Not long after that I was banned for "causing a scene" and the actual hacker got away scott free.

A different server we were on had admins who favored a combat logger over us, who killed him and watched him alt-f4 while recording, because he liked the guy. These are dark days in terms of admin abuse.

Wait.....So you're with a group of eight and you hunt bambi's? Sorry but I stopped reading there.....

Where did you get that from? We help bambis. We kill coast snipers and give medical supplies and gear to bambis.

• Like 1

Where did you get that from? We help bambis. We kill coast snipers and give medical supplies and gear to bambis.

Oops sorry Mazon, Yes I've misread it, my apologies. I'll give you my beans for that. :P :beans: