Sign in to follow this  
D PEAR

First Attempt at Banditry

I was in a server, just starting out, third day of playing Day Z, and I decided to try out banditry on this server. About ten minutes in my PC froze, and when it came back, I was halfway down a mountain with broken legs. I didn't have painkillers, so I used my morphine to get up.

I look in the side chat to see somebody ask if anyone had seen his tan pickup truck. I decided it was the perfect chance. I told him I had seen it and to meet me at some coordinates, and I would lead him to the truck from there. On the way, he found two UAZ's and a motorcycle, all green with full fuel. The last thing he found was a beat up heli with about a half a tank of fuel. He picked me up in the helicopter, and said, "screw the truck, I saw another huey spawn over here, let's check that out first."

It was unusable, no gasoline and all red. He went to check the gear, as I pulled out the only primary gun I had, a double barrel with two shots. I walked up behind it, and pointed it at his head. Two easy pointblank headshots should be easy, even with myself shaking from lack of painkillers, right? Wrong. The double barrel hit him right in the back of the neck. He spins around, so I followed it up with another shot to the stomach about 5 feet away. He zooms in and tries to get a shot on me as I'm hating my life and trying to pull out my Makerov. He gets me with one shot in the head with his AS50. I now have a passionate hatred towards double barrel shotguns.

TL; DR: Perfect conditions for a bandit attack, got screwed over by my awful luck with shotguns.

What was the worst bandit failure you've ever had?

Edited by D PEAR
  • Like 2

lol good story but it's apparent how new you are to this game. I'm no bandit but a few tips to help you out for next time;

- you cant fix broken legs with painkillers anyway and you always need morphine

- If you plan on killing some random you have just met, it's best to strike before you meet up with him usually (he might be planning the same thing!)

- You shouldnt really go looking to bandit people if all you are packing is a double barrel shotgun, unless you plan to laugh them to death !

Get yourself on our server, it's bandit and bambi friendly and theres plenty of folk who will help you out with equipment and with more (and real) banditry tips!

Details on our website @ http://www.bsbnetwork.com

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

I would of ran him over, Double barrel is useless

Apparently so.