corruptshadow

How often are your camps raided?

I stumbled upon quite a few camps from time to time, always in the north. You can not really hide your stuff and be sure about, there will always be someone with boredom looking for a nice place to cook his meat and enjoy the sunset. These are the times when those people go deep into the woods, seeing tenst hidden somewhere and check if something useful is inside.

Of course, many camps will be never found because of the server they are placed at is not that populated with people that are bored.

I've raided loads of camps they are usually poorly hidden and just asking to be looted, I've only ever had one of my camps raided and that's because it was located in a stupid spot less than half a mile outside the nearest town.

Got a camp on a populated server, it's up like 3-4 days and hadn't been discovered yet.

Still I find many camps on map, write down their specifics and check on them from time to time :P

Lately been either having terrible luck with people finding our cleverly hidden camps

Myself and three friends found a motorboat dinghy the other day, sailed up the coast to the northeast and discovered an inlet outside of the map with all the other boat spawns hoarded, along with a tent city of about 8 tents, with more tents inside those, and gear and ammunition including ghillie suits, M4A1 CCO SDs, Mk48s, M24s, and stockpiles of various other weapons and ammunition.

Standard bandits hoarding loot and vehicles outside of the map so nobody else can have them. So cheap.

Someone said once that the helicopter has a built-in ground radar that highlights empty vehicles

Maybe someone decided to go for a flight and found your hidden camp simply by stumbling upon the empty vehicles parked there

The only one of your dots that I wouldn't find within a few days is the one out by Kamenka. Every other dot is somewhere that I regularly walk or drive.

the places on the map you show are the same places lot of other camp are.

There is also a prevalence of maphacks that show people where every tent/vehicle is when they open their map. This is a huge problem that we are waiting to be fixed.

Umm... VPope.... if you think we used map hacks to steal all of your choppers and vehicles on UK3, you're wrong.

Then again it doesn't matter anymore, seeing as you took the server offline permanently a day after we stole everything from you and your clan.

As stated on the first page, these camps RUIN the game. Why? This game is supposed to be about your adventure, growing attached to your character, all of the feelings you'd get in real life when losing your gear. The way these camps ruin the game is because when you die, all you need to do is walk to your camp and as long as you've got the gear, you're back to where you left off. It's like death doesn't mean anything. Personally I would like tents removed, maybe even vehicles.

the places on the map you show are the same places lot of other camp are.

People seem to miss that point, yet it's so obvious.

There aren't many so-called good places WITHIN the map to place your camp, and here's why:

- if it's in a field or city, you might as well have NEON SIGNS pointing at it

- if it's concealed in a forest near a popular location, it WILL be found

If it's not near a popular location... guess what? You're not the only person to consider setting up there.

As if it wasn't hard enough to have a well-hidden camp within the map boundaries, you have to deal with maphacks and people using the heli radar to find your shit.

Helis are already amazing enough... do they really need a built-in maphack?

Etc. Etc.

Do tents even retain items yet? Don't see a point in camps otherwise.

As stated on the first page' date=' these camps RUIN the game. Why? This game is supposed to be about your adventure, growing attached to your character, all of the feelings you'd get in real life when losing your gear. The way these camps ruin the game is because when you die, all you need to do is walk to your camp and as long as you've got the gear, you're back to where you left off. It's like death doesn't mean anything. Personally I would like tents removed, maybe even vehicles.

[/quote']

So you spend many hours looting and hauling gear to your camp... only to lose it all when you die? Where's the logic in that? You spent your time preparing for a rainy day. So, when you die, you should be able to cash that cheque.

never, because i don't use camp. Perhaps you should ask how greedy you are, for collecting the extra gears, foods, water from all around the world into you little camp

We've had a camp that is practically a tent city for about a month now and it's only been raided once. We haven't even moved it because the person only took a small amount and hasn't come back since (so presumably a lucky noob that stumbled upon it). This is on a very populated server too. Try just finding a better spot..

-edit-

And obviously it should be repeated that you should never keep anything important in tents. Tents get raided and tents glitch, just keep extra supplies there. Good guns and ammo I always keep on my person.

Found a camp last night with about 8 tents. Swiped a pair of NVGs, all the stanag ammo I could carry, and a couple car parts. They had a bunch of the coyote backpacks, but I was paranoid they'd come back and catch me, and I didn't want to lose the NVGs, so I didn't take the time to swap out my alice pack.

As stated on the first page' date=' these camps RUIN the game. Why? This game is supposed to be about your adventure, growing attached to your character, all of the feelings you'd get in real life when losing your gear. The way these camps ruin the game is because when you die, all you need to do is walk to your camp and as long as you've got the gear, you're back to where you left off. It's like death doesn't mean anything. Personally I would like tents removed, maybe even vehicles.

[/quote']

So you spend many hours looting and hauling gear to your camp... only to lose it all when you die? Where's the logic in that? You spent your time preparing for a rainy day. So, when you die, you should be able to cash that cheque.

My logic is that I have all of this gear on me, it's taken ages to collect and I'm grateful I have it.

I'm constantly paranoid about getting killed so I'm always on edge, I pick my shots carefully knowing that if I miss, I may have to spend another 10+ hours collecting this gear.

It makes the game so much more suspenseful and worth while.

If you're going to hoard all of this gear for when you die, you may as well play COD of and other modern FPS shooter where dying has little to no consequence.

Its not about the loot or any of that its about being able to create a place of your own. Any survivor in a zombie apocalypse is gonna want to find a small group of people find a place to bunker down fortify and weather the storm in.

Since fortifying cities/ buildings towns is not yet in game your best bet at the moment is to set up camps in the wilderness with vehichles and stockpiling some goods to survive longer.

With a small group we haven't bothered using camps since it seems to be a severe time sink that could easily become pointless if discovered by someone. I think the huge amount of downtime that comes from making and/or searching for camps makes the game boring, on new characters I'd rather risk it with military camps. I've also never really tried to steal from camps that I've run into because they seem like perfect sniper bait set up in an open field.

if camps are being found so often it is obviously the servers wiping them, it happens to me all the time.