Sign in to follow this  
Devin (DayZ)

" Error Creating Direct39 9 Graphical Engine "

As the title reads, i am getting the " Error Creating Direct39 9 Graphical Engine " error right after a black screen when i attempt to launch through the new Launch Six DayZ Launcher thingy.

I dont have " Combined Operations " Exactly.

I have operation arrowhead, and recently got Arma 2 as a seperate purchase/install from steam just in order to play this mod. However i have been having multiple difficulties in getting it to function properly. This " Error Creating Direct39 9 Graphical Engine " Being the latest.

What can i do to resolve this?, i have reinstalled BOTH games through steam, and also i have validated their files to assure the integrity of them. I have done the Manual install as well.

I am running out of options, what should i do Fellas?, I desperately need assistance. :-/

Do you have the beta patch?

If not, download it.

But I believe your problem is caused by not changing the launch options target.

Try putting (Without the quotes)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash"

Do you have the beta patch?

If not' date=' download it.

But I believe your problem is caused by not changing the launch options target.

Try putting (Without the quotes)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash"

[/quote']

I Found the beta patch in my directory, however when i go to install it, it launches the game. Rather confusing, i am trying to find a Beta Patch online as we speak. However i know i am running 1.7.1.1, the latest version.

I have tried multiple path extentions, including all those listed here, and on a few other Threads. Sadly none resolved the problem.

Also, i have tried launching steam as admin, as well as the Six Launcher and Updater. And i dont exactly understand how i am meant to connect to servers. Through the " Six Launcher " Server browser, or in the games multiplayer section itself. If i try to connect to servers while In Game, at the server list, i get " Bad Version, Rejected Connection " . And when i launch with the Six Launcher i just get the same " Error Creating Direct39 9 Graphical Engine " and crash to desktop.

NOTE: I have Arma 2 : Operation Arrowhead AND Arma 2. Just not " Combined Operations" But having both games should allow me to play the mod still?, correct?.

And also, What is the " Official " way to install Day Z now?. I mean we have thousands of people still using the youtube video, for the manual install, and now this Six Launcher option.

Which should i use to install the Dayz Mod properly?. I have exausted SOOO many options at this point, i need further assistance if possible. Anyone.

the "launch beta patch" in your directory is not a beta patch. It is to launch the beta game. (confusing I know) You can get the beta patch by googling arma 2 beta patch and clicking the first link. 1.7.1.1 is the dayz version and not beta. Beta is for the actual game while 1.7.1.1 is for the mod.